2nd gen Supra's

Moostang

5mge has the common leaky headgasket issue near the 6th cylinder that you should look for, but that's an easy fix. Otherwise there aren't any other issues you should worry about aside from the already stated rust and etc.. Of course most of these have seen more than 15 years of elements and have a hundred thousand miles by now, so you ought to stick with something that has been well maintained and taken care of.

5mge has the common leaky headgasket issue near the 6th cylinder that you should look for, but that's an easy fix. Otherwise there aren't any other issues you should worry about aside from the already stated rust and etc.. Of course most of these have seen more than 15 years of elements and have a hundred thousand miles by now, so you ought to stick with something that has been well maintained and taken care of.

Thanks Farkas thats what I found on the interwebs. and yes im hoping ginger chimes in here soon

I bought mah 92 from the south - mmhmm rust-free.

I'd have some $ set aside for rebuilding the engine: While the 1jz/2jz Engines are legends they tend to get beat to fuck when run in a Supra.

Please stop talking.

As for the ginger, i know he had trouble finding some parts, door handles especially for some reason, I think he said he got some of the last ones. The motor Farkas covered pretty well, alexs if a fun car with boost though. Look for the typical stuff like Sean said, rust is big in all old Toyotas.

I'd recommend something else before building a MKII.

If you're set on one, swap motors and get used to wheel spin. '80s technology doesn't like '00s power.

Uh, you know you can mod the suspension on a Supra, too, not just the motors? ;)