auburn or oregon

phil

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the hand with the ball though (not sure if it makes any difference).

I seem to remember hearing something about that.

I think the Arkansas guy got a bad call (not very clear if his wrist was or wasn't doen) but they scored on the play right after so it didn't matter. Seeing the pic posted earlier... definitely think the wrist was down. But like you said, not having the ball in that hand may have given him leeway up to his elbow.

Again, it's football not wrestling. For those who watched it or saw the replay, it's obvious he was tackled. To tackle him anymore would've involved quite a bit of physical wrestling and body positining change. An unreal amount that would've probably lead to a unsportsman call or roughing or something equally ridiculous.

Again, it's football not wrestling. For those who watched it or saw the replay, it's obvious he was tackled. To tackle him anymore would've involved quite a bit of physical wrestling and body positining change. An unreal amount that would've probably lead to a unsportsman call or roughing or something equally ridiculous.

There are specific rules and always have been as to what has to be touching the ground for the runner to be down. Sure it was a tackle, but being tackled is not what is in the rules, being down is.

I seem to remember hearing something about that.

I think the Arkansas guy got a bad call (not very clear if his wrist was or wasn't doen) but they scored on the play right after so it didn't matter. Seeing the pic posted earlier... definitely think the wrist was down. But like you said, not having the ball in that hand may have given him leeway up to his elbow.

Teh call was correct on the arkansas guy . In CFB only your feet and the palms of your hands (and tips of fingers) can touch the ground in order to not be down.

Teh call was correct on the arkansas guy . In CFB only your feet and the palms of your hands (and tips of fingers) can touch the ground in order to not be down.

Jordan Hall had a long kickoff return vs. Miami where he did exactly what the Arkansas player did, it was reviewed and because it was the back of his hand and not the ball or his wrist they let the play stand. But, like I said, it doesn't matter... Mallett threw an impossible-to-defend fade the very next play.

Jordan Hall had a long kickoff return vs. Miami where he did exactly what the Arkansas player did, it was reviewed and because it was the back of his hand and not the ball or his wrist they let the play stand. But, like I said, it doesn't matter... Mallett threw an impossible-to-defend fade the very next play.

That was called wrong. A guy on a college forum I am on is an NCAA ref and was going over the rules.