99 Ford Contour Auto Transmission problems wont shift etc details etc

CJINOHIO03

This car will drive then wont move. It you shut if off and put in in park or neutral it will then drive for a few more minutes then die again. The engine runs but the trans isnt working right. It seemed to shift when I manually shift it. It always has had the check engine light on but never ran the codes. Is there any codes or electrical controls on this transmission? The transmission fluid is full and not burnt up. What I should check etc ? This is for a friend. Thanks CJ

trans codes with store as a check engine light, but usually start as a flashing overdrive light.. sounds like you may have a bad tcc(torque convertor clutch selenoid) going bad.. kinda like coming to a stop in a manual trans car and not taking it outta gear.

get the codes pulled before you do any more damage to the trans

This car will drive then wont move. It you shut if off and put in in park or neutral it will then drive for a few more minutes then die again. The engine runs but the trans isnt working right. It seemed to shift when I manually shift it. It always has had the check engine light on but never ran the codes. Is there any codes or electrical controls on this transmission? The transmission fluid is full and not burnt up. What I should check etc ? This is for a friend. Thanks CJ

Possibly an Input Speed Sensor - Pull the codes.

But my guess is it's either shift-solenoid related or Input/Output sensor related - I threw an "incorrect ratio" code when my S.solenoids went bad on my Caddy (although I threw a solenoid code too). Does the car shift at all? like will it shift into 1st? 2nd? Need more info...

Well I got the codes read

P0733 continous gear ratio 3 incorrect ratio

P0734 continous gear ratio 4 incorrect ratio

So what does this mean? valve body? something else? trans fried?

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ywzgk2.jpg

From the looks of things it's either a shift solenoid or an gear/band/clutch internal failure. If it isn't shifting period im betting it's not the solenoids - although I could be wrong.

i had similar problems with the wifes 98 no one was able to come up with a awnser not even the ford dealership after 2 weeks it completely quit working sorry im no help but i would start looking for a new car

i had similar problems with the wifes 98 no one was able to come up with a answer not even the ford dealership after 2 weeks it completely quit working sorry im no help but i would start looking for a new car

i had similar problems with the wifes 98 no one was able to come up with a answer not even the ford dealership after 2 weeks it completely quit working sorry im no help but i would start looking for a new car

You fucking dumbass. You quoted yourself saying the same damn thing you quoted. OMG LOL