Great Offer for Cinci residents

Orion

Mods, if you have to move this, my bad.

Just wanted to let our good friends down in Cincinnati know that FES is offering energy savings for the first 15k residents down there who sign up. For the record, I in no way represent FES, nor do I get anything off of this deal. However, this is the market I work in, and I'm just trying to make sure that my peoples get a shot to save some loot. Here is the press release regarding the offer. I myself am hoping that they offer something like this up here, because I would definitely sign up for it. Feel free to ask questions, I'll answer what I can.

FirstEnergy Solutions Could Save Cincinnati Residents

Nearly $10.5 Million on Electricity Costs

Akron, Ohio – FirstEnergy Solutions, an Ohio-based company and a subsidiary of

FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), is now offering Duke Energy’s residential electric

customers in the Cincinnati area a fixed price of 5.99 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh) on

electric generation through December 2012.

This is a 30 percent savings over Duke’s current average generation rate of 8.78

cents per kWh. Over the two-year term of the contract, a residential customer (using

approximately 12,500 kWh a year) could save up to $695.

“FirstEnergy Solutions’ offer is the lowest price on electric generation* for a twoyear

term in Duke’s service area,” said Tony Banks, vice president of Product & Market

Development for FirstEnergy Solutions. “However, it’s important for Cincinnati-area

residents to act now since this price is limited to the first 15,000 customers who respond

by February 28, 2011.”

FirstEnergy Solutions currently serves over one million residential and small

business customers throughout Ohio and Pennsylvania. Residents who choose

FirstEnergy Solutions as their electric generation supplier will continue to receive one bill

and the same level of service from their electric utility company. The utility will

continue to deliver the electricity, maintain the poles and wires, and respond to power

outages.

Residential customers interested in learning more about the FirstEnergy Solutions

offer should contact the company at 1-866-430-4408 or online at

http://www.fessave.com/savings. All that is needed is a recent electric bill. Discounts and

savings for small commercial and industrial businesses are also available by visiting

http://www.fes.com.

FirstEnergy Solutions provides competitive electric generation supply and other

energy-related products and services, and is a licensed supplier in Ohio, Pennsylvania,

New Jersey, Maryland, Michigan and Illinois.

FirstEnergy is a diversified energy company headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Its

subsidiaries and affiliates are involved in the generation, transmission and distribution of

electricity, as well as energy management and other energy-related services. Its seven

electric utility operating companies comprise the nation’s fifth largest investor-owned

electric system based on serving 4.5 million customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania and New

Jersey; and its generation subsidiaries control approximately 13,500 megawatts of

capacity.

*Lowest price on electric generation for a 2-year contract in this utility’s service area as of January 17, 2011.

(011711)