Kidney Failure FTL.

thorne

So I'm sitting at the hospital waiting for my wife to come back to her room. They are putting in something so they can start dialsys on her today.

I'm scared shitless :( My wifes 29 and needs a kidney. Were starting the process to get her on disability but this is going to be some trying timesl.

A close friend of mine had his kidneys fail on him two and a half years ago, and just got a transplant about 4 months ago. He is 35.

sorry to hear, hopefully she will recover and get a transplant soon if she needs it, I know how hard dialysis was on my friend.

with her being young it will move her up the transplant list.

ill pray that things go well.

I forget Type 1 or Type 2, if she's Type 1 does she have an insulin pump? if not get one if your insurance will cover it

An insulin pump won't fix her kidney. Years of uncontrolled BS have taken their toll on them. It will, however, hopefully keep her BS more in check for the next one, should it come along.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but dialysis is going to be far from easy. 3 days a week, 3-4hr per Tx., and it takes a LOT out of people.

Best of luck to you and your wife, Thorne.

An insulin pump won't fix her kidney. Years of uncontrolled BS have taken their toll on them. It will, however, hopefully keep her BS more in check for the next one, should it come along.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but dialysis is going to be far from easy. 3 days a week, 3-4hr per Tx., and it takes a LOT out of people.

Best of luck to you and your wife, Thorne.

I know this I'm a type 1 diabetic too, what I meant was for her to get an insulin pump to help control her bloodsugar after this, and thorne keep us informed

it would have to be a graft or a fistula, since she will be on dail. if you have any questions let me know. my wife was a dial nurse for many years and is currently a kidney transplant cord at OSU. Good luck.

and yes dialysis sucks.........