Wheres everyone find current car world records

DaddyBuiltRacing

Just curious, it seems every time I turn around on this or that forum someone is posting about beating a world record, or damn near beating one. Where do you guys find information on current car 1/4 mile world records? I wanna find the world record for fastest 1/4mile 4dr Integra, but haven't been able to find much of anything. Not that I plan on breaking world records, just curious as to what that record actually is.

I think what you are reading is made up records by the indivual them self.

Example:

Me: I got the Fastest 4dr Integra.

You: Watch this youtube video (faster 4dr Integra)

Me: Hes got NOS, mine is the fastest NA.

You: watch this one (video of a faster NA Integra)

Me: That one has and Automatic.

The list can go on and on, until somebody proves you wrong you can claim any Record you want.

Basicly they are stating that they havin't found one faster yet. So they are claiming it.

But no real site that is going to put your name in the record books because you have a 12sec 4dr Integra that is NA and a 5spd. blah blah blah

On that note: I hold the title for CR's Fastest GT500......lol

All i know for shure is i got the fastest stock 1 gen block in a stock steel body s10 with full interior on pump e85 with 14yr old slicks. whats up now!.

Now until you Prove him wrong, he holds the WORLD RECORD for the fastest stock 1 gen block in a stock steel body s10 with full interior on pump e85 with 14yr old slicks.

lol ;)

Most sites just have "Fast Lists" like this:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/1794944-the-c6-z06-fast-list.html

If it is a list consisting of 25 local members it obviously doesn't mean much but if you pick "THE" national forum of whatever type of car you are talking about that would be a pretty good place to start.

That isn't going to give you a "World Record" stamp of approval but at least you will know if you are even in the ball-park :)

Jeff

yep this is how it works. there is no legit way to ever know who is fastest. u think some prince in in some foreign land cant have a fast car look at the shek kalid or however u spell it. im shure he holds a ton of records in quatar. the fact is there is always someone faster.

Unless you get the "Powers that be" to put it in print like this:

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/corvette-irs-record-shattered-in-st-louis/

With that being said, I would also like to mention.

NHRA

NASCAR

SCCA

IRL

NMCA

ADRL

NMRA

SUPERCHEVY

ect....

They keep track of the records for each class. But I don't think you were refering to these type of records. I think you were referring to the records that were mentioned above.