DTI AR15 lower complete

schmuckingham

Somebody educate me on this whole AR Clone thing.

Are all the uppers and lowers interchangeable? Can I put a RRA upper on a DTI lower, etc?

Todd, Yes is the answer, the AR uppers and lowers are all interchangeable as long as they are the same caliber..... All you would need for this would be an upper and some magazines and your ready to shoot.

Schmuck.. what the hell.. I thought this was going to be for the SBR?

And F selling that thing with the KNS pins.. put the regular pins in and sell the KNS pins to me.

Edited by flounder

Todd, Yes is the answer, the AR uppers and lowers are all interchangeable as long as they are the same caliber..... All you would need for this would be an upper and some magazines and your ready to shoot.

Schmuck.. what the hell.. I thought this was going to be for the SBR?

And F selling that thing with the KNS pins.. put the regular pins in and sell the KNS pins to me.

Thanks....

I'm in the market for one of these, but I think I'd rather get one complete. Whats the most popular caliber these days? .223 or 5.56?

Thanks....

I'm in the market for one of these, but I think I'd rather get one complete. Whats the most popular caliber these days? .223 or 5.56?

That depends on your upper, most of them are 5.56. It would be easier to buy this than find an upper really these days.

Thanks....

Same thing essentially.. you can run .223 down a 5.56 built rifle but really shouldnt do the opposite. 98% of the people that have a 5.56 AR shoot .223 through it. The reason is that a SAAMI spec .223 chamber has a shorter throat then a 5.56 NATO chamber and you can jam the 5.56 bullets in a .223 throat which is bad. There are also different pressures in a .223 vs 5.56 load created due to the shorter throat of a .223 when trying to shoot a 5.56 through it.

The answer is this.. YOU WANT A 5.56...

Here ya go.

http://www.saami.org/Unsafe_Combinations.cfm

Edited by flounder

Same thing essentially.. you can run .223 down a 5.56 built rifle but really shouldnt do the opposite. 98% of the people that have a 5.56 AR shoot .223 through it. The reason is that a SAAMI spec .223 chamber has a shorter throat then a 5.56 NATO chamber and you can jam the 5.56 bullets in a .223 throat which is bad. There are also different pressures in a .223 vs 5.56 load created due to the shorter throat of a .223 when trying to shoot a 5.56 through it.

The answer is this.. YOU WANT A 5.56...

Here ya go.

http://www.saami.org/Unsafe_Combinations.cfm

Thanks guys. The reason I ask is the father of a friend of my son's has a couple of RRA uppers that he may want to get rid of. Maybe this would be a good match?

Thanks guys. The reason I ask is the father of a friend of my son's has a couple of RRA uppers that he may want to get rid of. Maybe this would be a good match?

RRA makes good stuff.. It would fit on this lower just fine.