Hipoint 995 vs Keltec SUB2000

unfunnyryan

Where is it worth the extra cash for the Keltec? The folding stock is pretty awesome, but not sure how much its worth. I hear the hipoint is alright and I actually preferred the bolt action mechanism over the keltec when i checked them out at vances.

Anyone have experience with both guns that can give input? For $220 the hipoint could be a lot of fun for the price of 2 mosins.

The Keltec for the simple fact you can use Glock magazines. I guess I should get into the other question as to what the reasoning is behind these firearms? Basically pistol caliber "carbines" is all they are, so I assume this is something for plinking or home defense. To me, they don't serve much of a purpose other than just to shoot.

The Keltec for the simple fact you can use Glock magazines. I guess I should get into the other question as to what the reasoning is behind these firearms? Basically pistol caliber "carbines" is all they are, so I assume this is something for plinking or home defense. To me, they don't serve much of a purpose other than just to shoot.

Plinking and to have something different from what I've got. I guess my roommate could use it as a HD gun since she is scared of shooting my 870 :lol:

I guess I wasn't complete in my original post, but these are available in 3 calibers (40sw 45 9mm) for plinking, whats the best round? Obviously not .45 but I'm thinking 40sw?

I've had several of the Hi Point 995's and have never been disappointed with any them. They are a fun plinker gun and that's about all they're good for. I assume that the Keltec would be the same but a little better quality. I'm planning on buying a 40S&W Sub-2000 that uses Glock 22 mags as soon as Uncle Sam deposits my tax return.