by march 15 i will have 5700 dollars in bills paid for and checked off!!

2pointslow

since i was 18 i racked up over $25k in credit card debt and i made my last payment last summer it felt great...and i'll have my parents paid back the 3 grand i owe them when i get my taxes then all i will have is my car and the $1800 i just put on a credit card for a new t.v.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since i was 18 i racked up over $25k in credit card debt and i made my last payment last summer it felt great...and i'll have my parents paid back the 3 grand i owe them when i get my taxes then all i will have is my car and the $1800 i just put on a credit card for a new t.v.

You went through all of that and decided it was a good idea to put a TV on a CC.... :slap:

http://operatorchan.org/k/arch/src/k158071_1258617935770.jpg

Not saying this is you or anything but,

It is funny how people who live in poor neighborhoods have bigger tv's than median neighborhoods.

If you don't believe me, just go to any house in hilltop.

Not saying this is you or anything but,

It is funny how people who live in poor neighborhoods have bigger tv's than median neighborhoods.

If you don't believe me, just go to any house in hilltop.

troof.

i bet 95% of them didnt pay retail or anything near it. seems around those parts of town theres a lot of tv's that "fell off the truck"

Since people already covered the silly TV purchase-

When you were 18, why didn't you BK? If you had the lack of income for a Ch.7, you'd have a clean slate. Although I have never filed for BK, and hope to never have to, Donald Trump even said that if you have not filed for BK at least once in your life, your not talking full advantage of the American financial system.

When you were 18, why didn't you BK? If you had the lack of income for a Ch.7, you'd have a clean slate. Although I have never filed for BK, and hope to never have to, Donald Trump even said that if you have not filed for BK at least once in your life, your not talking full advantage of the American financial system.

I would never in my life want to have to file bankruptcy... maybe its a pride thing but i dont see that as an accomplishment?

...and that's all you've got to say!

I won't do something like that. My thoughts are if you get yourself in some financial shit, then you better be able to get out of it. In the past you had people doing this crap intentionally to wipe away the debt and keep there high end lifestyle. Now that the rules have changed and CC's don't fall under that(CC debt doesn't go away), people are having a lot harder time playing these stupid games just to keep up with the Joneses....

I guess the old "spend less or get a better job/more income" is just to hard for people anymore... :rolleyes:

I would never in my life want to have to file bankruptcy... maybe its a pride thing but i dont see that as an accomplishment?

+1

I won't do something like that. My thoughts are if you get yourself in some financial shit, then you better be able to get out of it. In the past you had people doing this crap intentionally to wipe away the debt and keep there high end lifestyle. Now that the rules have changed and CC's don't fall under that(CC debt doesn't go away), people are having a lot harder time playing these stupid games just to keep up with the Joneses....

Oh yes, it does.

If you are granted a Ch7, its wiped away. Period. Ch13, you go one repayment plan. I refer people to a BK almost every day.

Also consider the Fastest, and one of the highest grossing, guy on this board has literally made his living on debt settlement, the back alley abortion aversion to BK.

Go ahead an pm Atomicfusion and tell him he's doing it wrong.

Again, I dont agree with BK, I have a 791 FICO, I live well within my means. I was just saying its an option, and if I was 30,40,50k in debt, and had reduced income, my FIRST CALL would be to a BK attorney.

4k take home is 5700/mo gross.

3000= 2300/mo claming 0

so thats 68k/yr

Depends where you live. Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming don't have state income tax so take home would be different on $68k... ;)

Oh yes, it does.

If you are granted a Ch7, its wiped away. Period. Ch13, you go one repayment plan. I refer people to a BK almost every day.

Again, I dont agree with BK, I have a 791 FICO, I live well within my means. I was just saying its an option, and if I was 30,40,50k in debt, and had reduced income, my FIRST CALL would be to a BK attorney.

Maybe I'm wrong but I know something changed on the rules. Maybe it has to do with collections and how far in the process you are and if it has to do with wage garnishments and/or "the return date." It also depends on your debt/income ratio also so many factors for even getting a Ch7 approved...

Personally I think it's all BS unless you have medical bills or something like that.....but just STUPID spending should not be allowed...

Edited by Got-Busa?

Maybe I'm wrong but I know something changed on the rules. Maybe it has to do with collections and how far in the process you are and if it has to do with wage garnishments and/or "the return date." It also depends on your debt/income ratio also so many factors for even getting a Ch7 approved...

Personally I think it's all BS unless you have medical bills or something like that.....but just STUPID spending should not be allowed...

I agree, its BS. But, unfortunately most sleazy lawyers can get even questionable CH.7 By a judge.