WTB Ar-15

Ahmadi6490

• 2 weeks later...

Are you seriously telling him to buy the Carbon 15?

Your buddy is a retard for buying one.

Go to Vance's and put a deposit down on the Bushmaster AR they have on sale for $599. They will call you when it comes in. A good friend bought one and for $600 it's well worth it. You're not going to find a new AR15 cheaper in Ohio.

A $500 AR would be possible if you are willing to build it yourself.

Stripped lowers are as cheap as $60 online, dunno about locally. Then, buy a parts kit or piece the lower together, then buy a used upper from arfcom or wait on a super deal online, then go with a basic iron rear sight, no optics. That can be done, but will be time consuming. I'd still rather have a super budget AR than an AK, the only things I like off the AK platform are the Saiga's and they are as expensive as an average AR.

Lol, a rifle made entirely of plastic is basically what it is.

Agreed... This is from Bushmaster's website....

The Bushmaster C15 Carbines are a unique hybridization of traditional AR-15 type features with space-age Carbon 15 composite molded Receivers for light weight and rugged durability.

Anytime something is described as "Space-age" it makes me laugh.

My buddy said that it shots good but this is the first AR he's ever shot. He also said that Vance's has been selling a ton of them.

good luck with your search.

Haha wow I never knew that about the Carbon 15...those shoot the NATO rounds don't they? I was actually thinking about doing the deposit but now hell no. Thank you Dark Formula for the info. I always wondered why they were so cheap especially since it comes with a sight too. There's a gun show next week at Westland i'll check it out around there...AR might be outta my budget untill the summer. Was looking at the sks vs ak47. Looks very identitcal except the ak has a pistol grip. I like the ak because of it's durability and i'm obsessed with the look. But then again I want a gun that is really accurate.