Transmission Flush

Bahnstoermer1647545488

Something's sticking, did this once before, doesn't want to upshift under load. It will jerk badly trying to complete the shift. The last time I just tried everything and putting it in and out of 4WD a bunch got a clunk out of the thing and then all was well. I recall thinking I had heard a drivetrain whine usually associated with being in 4WD in 2WD, and then doing the 4WD lever tricks the drivetrain whine left and proper shifting returned at the same time, like something wasn't letting go of 4WD engagement fully and it was f'ing things up.

Not sure if I have some shit in the lines, just had fluid changed but there is some question as to the proper fluid being used. Replaced just now again with factory exact SPIII, it's shifting a little better but still struggling a bit. Suggestions thus far have been a pressure problem / stuck valve body / gunk in something... hoping in case there is something just sticky or gunky, a power flush with SPIII would help...

This is the 2000 Montero Sport by the way.... there's good help on that tiny forum, but this is my first thought if jacking around with the levers doesn't mysteriously unstuck it again.

Oh, and please don't be intimidated by all my technical lingo...I'm open to suggestions :)

Edited by Bahnstoermer