oem gsxr 750 07 slipper clutch quality

warmonger

hey working on building up an 07 750 for the track and was wondering what peoples experience has been with the stock slipper clutch in this bike. have a stm slipper in my 03 750, love it. does the stock one in the 07 do the job, or is it not really good enough? thanks

Well, the stock clutch is more of a back torque limiting clutch as opposed to a true slipper in my understanding. With a little adjustment, you can get it where you like it.There really isnt a need for swapping it with an aftermarket for a street rider or even a more accomplished racer.

It's a slipper, but if you are racing it, you need to get it adjusted. Call Reuben at 35 Motorsports for help and guidance. It's really just a matter of riding it and getting used to it.

It will still be better than your 03 as the bike is head and shoulders above it anyways and the slipper in that 03 isn't enough to make you wish you still had it vs. the 07...

Stock is really good... BUT, again, there are some things you need to do to it if you race it and Rub can help with that or talk you through it...

He's at Roebling this weekend so, he won't be back until Monday and then is going to be busy with bikes and motors, but PM him or shoot him an email via his site at www.35motorsports.com

lizard-do you setup your own suspension?

If you mean assembly and related. No. Reuben at 35 Motorsports does my stuff. If you mean setting the suspension to work for me and what I want it to do, then yes. To a degree... I have a buddy who helps me translate what is happening into making changes that should work. He's the guy with the brains and I spurt out info that he puts into adjustments.

I can set sag and set the suspension for others and help them, though. Whatcha need?

mine is stock and its just a hard rough ride..i literally bounce off the seat if i hit a good bump, i know were pretty close to the same size, so i hoping you might have some notes on the front and rear. i didnt want to start messing with shit when i really dont understand what the hell im doing. im sure theres no magic number, but something close to soften her up some

Edited by that dude