Attack Painter. A Review...

Moto-Brian

Well, as some of you know, I had Paul (Attack Painter) paint my race bike for this year.

I gave him a set of Hotbodies plastic that was in OK shape. The set is like most HB sets and they are pretty much some of the cheapest and crapiest sets out there. BUT, the beauty is that they are cheap and for us tight ass racers, that's a good thing...

When I got the bike, it was Vesrah yellow. I have known Mark (owner of Versah) for MANY years and I have seen those yellow bikes so many times and a LOT of racers buy his end of the year machines for racing the following season. So, a lot of yellow bikes out there... I had to be a bit different. I kept one set pristine and in the true Vesrah colors in case I ever sell it and can slap it on and people will recognize the bike...

Anyways, Paul got the plastics and within about a 2 week period (He said he'd have them done sooner if I needed it - I was in no hurry) because he had to do some of the Attack Racing paint. He was a pretty busy dude, but got me in and delivered them to me.

I gotta say that I was STOKED! When I saw them, I was so freakin happy that I almost wet my pants. I do that often. Is that a bad thing?:cool:

Kidding... But, I was really excited and couldn't wait to get the stickers put on. I'm a little weird when it comes to stickers. I hate the look that says someone got free stickers with their Power Commander or K&N filter and just slapped them on as they are from the box. I like things to match and look as if they are purposely made for whatever application you have.

I have a vinyl shop print stickers for me. I created the artwork and did it in path form and they made them to whatever color I wanted. I went with white on black and placed them on the lowers and in other areas. I used some color here and there like the red stickers and with Reuben's logos...

The end result is seen below. I gotta say that with the great paint job Attack did and with it stickered, it looks pretty damn cool.

The paint is high gloss and he even went as far as to pinstripe around my numbers. I gotta change the numbers to heavier vinyl as they bubbled too much as I put them on too soon I think...

If anyone is interested in getting their bike painted, I'd recommend Paul in a minute. His info is:

Paul Finn

5909 Headly Road

Gahanna, Ohio 43230

614-394-2195

Great job and he does stuff for racers so, get ahold of him and tell him I sent ya...

Thanks a ton, Paul!!

Brian

Right side:

rt2009side.jpg

Left side:

lft2009side.jpg

frtrt2009side.jpg

I applied the pinstripes...

i see...i wasn't sure if that was the paint or not. either way it looks amazing.

btw...did i happen to see this out on the street a couple weeks ago? i could be losing my mind but i swear i saw this on one of the ramps around 71 and 104.

i see...i wasn't sure if that was the paint or not. either way it looks amazing.

btw...did i happen to see this out on the street a couple weeks ago? i could be losing my mind but i swear i saw this on one of the ramps around 71 and 104.

It is a race bike, you will never see it on the street.

+3 for Mr Attack

He did all the worrk on my Z1000. The wheels, seat cowl & mini hugger thing on my ZX-10 and also the tank & air duct covers on Karlas F4i (maybe wheels on the F4i soon to).

:cheers: Paul

As you can see, it is a 100% race trimmed bike. Not me...

Very, very, very nice! Best of luck to you this year.

I appreciate the well wishes. Probably only get a couple of races in this year on this thing. i hope for more, but I will be directing a lot more STT events this year and I probably will be pressed for time...

Yeah, Troy and Derrick were trying to tell me it actually looked ok. It was just too cold out to get the black vinyl on it to cover it up...

Jerk.:D

I know just giving you a hard time b/c I know you don't like it. By the way I got that spring for you...

haha no problem on pointing it out haha.

will the vinyl stay on there with ur legs rubbing it? why not just black stomp pads?

I'm going to get some black Stomp Grip. But, it doesn't cover it 100%. I'm just anal and hate that fucking orange stripe... Hence the ribbing from Nick and others. They know I hate it because I mention it every time I see the freakin thing...

I'm going to get some black Stomp Grip. But, it doesn't cover it 100%. I'm just anal and hate that fucking orange stripe... Hence the ribbing from Nick and others. They know I hate it because I mention it every time I see the freakin thing...

That is what friends are for...speaking of friends...did you find flounders gift for you when you picked your bike up...