Rugar SR40 or Glock 22 40 S&W

turbospec29

Any reason to go with one over the other?

I'm leaning towards the Rugar due to price and sexyness atm...

I've never shot the "Ruger", but obviously the glock is tried and true, and the S&W .40 as well. I've shot the Glock 21 and S&W and personally didn't like the glock when compared to the S&W, but that was just me it was all about the grip, which will be different for different people. Both fine firearms.

Anything we say to you is just preferences and opinions however you need to get out and at least handle them, shoot them if you can!

and the S&W .40 as well. I've shot the Glock 21 and S&W and personally didn't like the glock when compared to the S&W

you understand that the glock 22 is chambered in .40 S&W right? he wasn't asking about a S&W pistol. since S&W designed the .40 cal. their name is on it. much like .300 Win Mag, Winchester Magnum or .408 Ruger.

The Glock 21 is a bit wider than the Glock 22 so that could be a reason you didn't like it. Maybe it was too big for your hand like it is for me. Still didn't stop me from buying one.

The Glock 22 is a better gun than the Ruger. Ruger's pistols see to have gone down hill in quality in the last 10 years. You can get great deals on G22 police trade ins at Vances.

Then if you wanted to be able to shoot 9mm Lone Wolf Barrels sells a drop in 9mm barrel as well as a .357sig barrel. The .357sig rounds can be loaded into the G22 mags, but you'll need to buy G17 or G19 mags for 9mm. There' also .22LR conversions for the Glock that run about ~$200.

you understand that the glock 22 is chambered in .40 S&W right? he wasn't asking about a S&W pistol. since S&W designed the .40 cal. their name is on it. much like .300 Win Mag, Winchester Magnum or .408 Ruger.

EDIT: Nevermind I get it, misunderstood the wording on that one haha.

There is an obvious answer to this thread and it begins with G. Maybe it's just me, but price isn't the decision factor when buying a firearm for me or if it looks cool. Seems that's the deciding factor around here lately. The Glock 22 has been around for more than a few years with proven reliability. With a high majority of government agencies and thousands of law enforcement agencies carrying them. Maybe it's just me, but that could be a sign. A firearm isn't a piece of jewelry, so who cares what it looks like.

There is an obvious answer to this thread and it begins with G. Maybe it's just me, but price isn't the decision factor when buying a firearm for me or if it looks cool. Seems that's the deciding factor around here lately. The Glock 22 has been around for more than a few years with proven reliability. With a high majority of government agencies and thousands of law enforcement agencies carrying them. Maybe it's just me, but that could be a sign. A firearm isn't a piece of jewelry, so who cares what it looks like.

Have any experience with the sr40? The SR9 and SR9c it is modeled after seem to have received great reviews.

I understand the tried and true greatness of the Glock, just comparing my options before I buy and the Ruger caught my eye.

I've had lots of Glocks and lots of Rugers. I love both. I have a modified Glock 17 Gen 4 I use for Glock Matches - trigger work, etc. I also have a bone stock Ruger SR9C (the compact version). Might just be a freak or something, but the Ruger shoots much better, and is more accurate than my Glock (which is full size). Never had an issue with reliability with either. Might be just that the Ruger fits me better, I dunno. But the Ruger you are looking at is in the same series, so I really would not be afraid of going with it.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had lots of Glocks and lots of Rugers. I love both. I have a modified Glock 17 Gen 4 I use for Glock Matches - trigger work, etc. I also have a bone stock Ruger SR9C (the compact version). Might just be a freak or something, but the Ruger shoots much better, and is more accurate than my Glock (which is full size). Never had an issue with reliability with either. Might be just that the Ruger fits me better, I dunno. But the Ruger you are looking at is in the same series, so I really would not be afraid of going with it.

My SR9c performs better in my hands than my friends Glock 23 or even dads full sized FNP-9. As a matter of fact both of them shot my SR9c better too.

I vote Ruger, but at the same time vote that you can't go wrong with Glock. If the Ruger is anything like the SR9c I'd say that's the best buy.