M1/14/1a crew: Sage EBR

Nate1647545505

Expensive and makes an already heavy rifle even heavier. I think it is hard to justify beyond the "coolness" factor.

It's heavy for a reason. Compared to hauling around a Barrett M107 in a drag bag, the M14/M1A is light. The Sage stock brings basically a 4 MOA rifle to a 2 MOA rifle with a simple chador system.

Well why not go with a McMillan or glass bed a GI or SAI fiberglass stock? The Sage gives you badass quad accessory rails, though, to attach all the tactical gizmos you could ever want.

I'm not sure at all but I think the Troy and JAE stocks are both lighter than the Sage.

I'm honostly not concerned about the weight, as I'm not planning on humping this rifle any long distances.

The main feature I like is the adjustable cheek rest, my duct taped pad on my synthetic feels like 50$ tires on a 150,000$ sports car. JAE, Troy's and the Sage all come out to within 50-75$ when everything is considered price wise.

The Sage cheek rest is a strong selling point. Shooting in a prone position for extended periods isn't a strain as compared to te traditional stock with an add on cheek rest. They deffinately designed the Sage for use with optics to boot. I'm going with the McMillan MFS-14 since I have the Scout Squad. Later down the road I plan to buy a standard M1A, and do a Smith Enterprise heavy barrel laied into a Sage EBR. Adjustable length of pull makes for a better shooting rifle, no matter what rifle it is.