Silver and Gold Investing

04silvrz

5 years ago,silver was $6 per ounce,600% in 5 years.

A recommendation for buying silver,bullion 1,5,&10 oz. bars and in the coins,1964 JFK 90% halves and 1965-1967 JFK 40% halves,other US coins and Silver Eagles you're also paying a coin/collectable premium above the silver premium. With the mentioned JFK halves,if silver were to become worthless,you still have the US money.

wrong, gold and silver lose value. Ask all those people who bought it at the end of the 1970's. If they held on to it, they've just recently been able to sell it for a profit.

This. These precious metals are at a 31 year high, why? B/C they went through similar times 31 years ago. You're not going to make any money from them at this point. The only reason you'd buy into them is if you think the USD is going to fall further.

i have several halfs, just ordered a couple 1 troy oz 999 bars.

Where are you buying bars from? In all honesty if you aren't buying them from Apmex or someone who puts serial numbers on them that you can call them and verify they are sketchy. I have seen plenty of people get burned on buying bars. People use a heavy metal (lead) and coat it with 3-4 coats of silver.

I have been buying silver for 6-8 years now. It really is one of the best ways to protect yourself. If paper money ceases to exist - we go back into a barter system, where metals rule all. If you want evidence of this watch this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ubJp6rmUYM

In Zimbabwe, where they print Trillion Dollar Notes like it is no ones business - their hyper inflation is at the point where their currency only retains it's value for 3-6 months. Thus people have began panning for Gold and trading Gold for services/food/etc....

I would tend to shy away from the bags of silver - or the 90% stuff. Really that stuff is good in mass sales - but kinda sucks outside of it. I would tend to stick to Eagles, Maple Leafs, or any of the other 1oz silver coins.

I buy from a few places mainly Apmex though (http://www.apmex.com) and Tulving (http://www.tulving.com) Tulving used to be lower priced, but he is still a good guy.

Soon enough you will see something like this in a green back:

http://www.coins-and-banknotes.com/images//Products/Large/207328-100%20Trillion.jpg

This. These precious metals are at a 31 year high, why? B/C they went through similar times 31 years ago. You're not going to make any money from them at this point. The only reason you'd buy into them is if you think the USD is going to fall further.

What evidence do you have to support the USD won't fall farther? Increased Spending, More National Debt, Supporting multiple wars, increasing social programs, etc.....

Buying them because you think the USD will fail is only 1 reason. Precious metals are also bought because they are just that, precious metals. There is only so much gold, silver, platinum, paladium, etc... on this earth. Once we have mined and used all the metals these manufacturers will have to turn to people who own the metals and buy metal from us.

When you think about it - Silver is the most electrical conductive ELEMENT out there, and the most thermal conductive METAL. What that means is silver exists in almost all of your electronic devices (Computers, Fridges, TV's, etc....) Only what 1/10 of the world population currently has the ability to purchase these items? what happens when the rest of India and China go through their industrial revolution, and they need all these devices - how much silver will be left after that?

my parents get me an american eagle silver dollar every year for xmas.. have been since the late 80's. Just recently, I've added in gold coins to my collection. Have about 6 $50 dollar eagles, last years buffalo and 2009's ultra high relief. I just like to collect and could care less about selling.. even though I could turn the high relief around and make close to 900 bucks on it.

What evidence do you have to support the USD won't fall farther? Increased Spending, More National Debt, Supporting multiple wars, increasing social programs, etc.....

Buying them because you think the USD will fail is only 1 reason. Precious metals are also bought because they are just that, precious metals. There is only so much gold, silver, platinum, paladium, etc... on this earth. Once we have mined and used all the metals these manufacturers will have to turn to people who own the metals and buy metal from us.

When you think about it - Silver is the most electrical conductive ELEMENT out there, and the most thermal conductive METAL. What that means is silver exists in almost all of your electronic devices (Computers, Fridges, TV's, etc....) Only what 1/10 of the world population currently has the ability to purchase these items? what happens when the rest of India and China go through their industrial revolution, and they need all these devices - how much silver will be left after that?

Why would you get so defensive? I didn't say the dollar would fall further or not, reading comprehension...

Why would you get so defensive? I didn't say the dollar would fall further or not, reading comprehension...

Typical response. You stated "The only reason you would buy them is if you think the dollar is going to fall further"

I asked what makes you think it won't, and then continued to provide other reasons for buying precious metals.

I HIGHLY suggest picking up Jesse Ventura new book coming out soon. I already have mine pre-ordered.

The Wrestler? Jesse "THE BODY" Ventura????

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKWx8YOXEAMaqs69VJEoyUsIJtiLOgnptZAJb0nfTtwOMP2vI5

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdOwqQN-a5dERtVzqGxW5AEngb9bDVUS5DdcMGMGGwp7odcjnD