UFC buys Strikeforce

10phone2

I just Changed my DirectV so that I could get showtime to watch StrikeForce. At first I thought I was dicked. But it looks like nothing is changing so I will be able to continue to watch the strikeforce fights on Showtime.

thanks for sharing

And now UFC is able to put together even more bullshit cards, because you now have 0 other options to watch.

Not sure if serious....

UFC now has a minor league, this is a good thing. I think MMA will become the biggest sport in the world soon.

So does Dana White

Next TUF is going to be over in asia I think, imagine what that will be like? I will spend $50 all day long on a PPV any day over stick and ball sports tickets.

Now you have all of those WEC fighters in the UFC and those are usually some great fights. The fact they are cutting guys who are not performing or just put on bad fights will raise the level even more.

could be good if they use some of the heavy weights from strike force I think they may have a better group of heavy weights.

And now UFC is able to put together even more bullshit cards, because you now have 0 other options to watch.

There will be no mixing of cards between Strikeforce and UFC. Supposedly, at least for now, nothing will change. They're just under new ownership. Dana White has been quoted as saying no superfights, the UFC does not co-promote.

I think They should have an open tourment, like it used to be (any weight). One time deal, paying the smaller guys more money to fight. the further you go in the tourney the more you make.

I am sure this will never happen, if it did the smaller guys are less likely to fight. probably be all heavy/light heavy weights. Remember Hoace Gracie used to wipe the shit out of the big dudes, what is he like 170?

^^^ Exactly, thus the reason I made my statement as well. I stand behind my statement that UFC has been throwing together bullshit fights, I don't see them making better cards just because they bought another competitor. I have said in previous threads that there isn't enough up and coming young talent to carry a main event card. Thats why UFC has main eventers such as GSP, BJ Penn ect...most of which are starting to age. MMA is not going to become the biggest sport in the world anytime soon, soccer unfortunately will always hold that title. In the US its still going to be Basketball and football then maybe MMA

Not surprised.

It was obvious when my league got bought out what, seven years ago now, what the goal of the UFC was. They are not interested in promoting the actual sport, they are only interested in the profit margin.

Thats called business...if it doesnt make dollars then it doesnt make sense.

Thats called business...if it doesnt make dollars then it doesnt make sense.

You are correct, and it could be much worse. The UFC keeps MMA from becoming the mess boxing is.

I am willing to be a virgin's ass most people can't name the current boxing heavyweight champ.

There are some negatives to the UFC, but you know where all of the best fighters are. Now Strikeforce will see a boost in the TV productions (it needed this BAD) and it will get the experience of the UFC.

Now the UFC has possible access to something they never had before, possible access to the non-cable market. Strikeforce has that deal with CBS, imagine if the UFC is able to put a FREE card on CBS?

No NFL? No problem, stick Brock on a free CBS card and you have over 1 million views at the least.

I think They should have an open tourment, like it used to be (any weight). One time deal, paying the smaller guys more money to fight. the further you go in the tourney the more you make.

I am sure this will never happen, if it did the smaller guys are less likely to fight. probably be all heavy/light heavy weights. Remember Hoace Gracie used to wipe the shit out of the big dudes, what is he like 170?

It won't, now. Not anything I would think a professional would consider seriously. The difference now is the mma fighter has evolved far too much for weight to not mean anything anymore.

^^^ Exactly, thus the reason I made my statement as well. I stand behind my statement that UFC has been throwing together bullshit fights, I don't see them making better cards just because they bought another competitor. I have said in previous threads that there isn't enough up and coming young talent to carry a main event card. Thats why UFC has main eventers such as GSP, BJ Penn ect...most of which are starting to age. MMA is not going to become the biggest sport in the world anytime soon, soccer unfortunately will always hold that title. In the US its still going to be Basketball and football then maybe MMA

I think you're are seriously underestimating the popularity of MMA and the amount of new blood coming into the sport.

No I think people are seriously over estimating the popularity of MMA and the lack of new TALENTED young blood. I have said this in other threads there are not enough young talent guys to carry a card, once the current headliners call it quits, then who is going to be the guy to take over? You think people will tune in to see a main event headlined by Josh Koscheck? Cmon lets be real here

No I think people are seriously over estimating the popularity of MMA and the lack of new TALENTED young blood. I have said this in other threads there are not enough young talent guys to carry a card, once the current headliners call it quits, then who is going to be the guy to take over? You think people will tune in to see a main event headlined by Josh Koscheck? Cmon lets be real here

Have you ever seen a WEC fight? Very rare to see a boring fight there, and most of those guys are pretty talented. Not to mention having all of those lower weight classes in the UFC will bring more of those guys to the public.

There is a ton of new talent if you can get past the "big name" fighters. The UFC is trying to do it right now and bring guys along a little slower. They don't have the need to toss guys to the fire and build a "name" to get ratings. Overall they are trying to avoid what boxing has become. This whole big name fighter thing reminds me of people who boo a so called boring fight, they don't know what the hell they are looking at or talking about.