Carb Tuning - 1850

Major_golf

So swapped out the PV last night. It was a blown 6.5. Swapped in a good 6.5 from a Holley I had here. Also changed ot the stock 66 jets to 62's. Cleaned up idle a bunch and leaned it out. Part throttle was horrible.

Today, went down to Jegs, picked up a few thingamabobbers. 8.5, 9.5 PV, few gaskets, Quick change secondary spring kit, and clear sight plugs. Put the 9.5 in based on Holley's formula Vac/2-2. 23/2-2=9.5. Put the 66 jets back in, and put the long yellow in. It's popping through the exhaust with no load starting around 2200 and goes until 3000. Under load it pops badly through the exhaust from 2200-3500. It cleans up and runs pretty good after that.

At this point I'm leaning towards being lean. Thoughts please, I'm tired of the whining.

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/Pats16Valve/005-4.jpg?t=1300241274

Photobucket is terrible tonight. You can tell where it was dead rich, and has gone very lean. The ring, and down the electrode are sooty, and the ground and projector tip are white-tan. I checked the gap on a few and they seem a little on the wide side +.040". It'll need plugs as well.

We tore it apart again, and sprayed our the metering block, and mainbody, and found a ton of crap in there. I replaced the Accelerator pump diaphragm since the other was totally shot. So tank needs to be dropped, carb needs totally flushed, and rebuilt. The lines and pump will need flushed as well. We added another filter at the carb to help stop the garbage form hitting the carb til this weekend.