Nuclear Powerplant Map

zeitgeist57

A buddy of mine does the necropsies on the animals that Battelle tests shit on. He can't tell me anything, but he said he sees some CRAZY shit. He mainly works on projects that are testing anecdotes for chemical weapons.

What, you expected there to be police cruisers every 50 feet with lights flashing and sirens blaring?

Yes dammit! I'd hope for at least the gates to not be wide open and nobody in sight! I did go back by there today and passed a homeland security cruiser nearby, looked like a border patrol with the green scheme.

I really thought there was one down on the Ohio river somewhere. At least there are giant smoke stacks down there that look like a nuclear plant.

There's one that I know of in the tri-state area (Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana corner). Just wondering how current is the map they showing.

Since we're on the subject, why can't we just build a cluster of nuclear power plant in norhern Canada (where no town in hundreds miles radius) and run the power down to power Canada, US, and Mexico?

The power cannot be transmitted very far on current power line technology, maybe some day though.

It could be using High-Voltage DC (rather than what we all see on a daily basis, High-Voltage AC), but while DC offers some interesting advantages to AC, like actually being able to do it, it suffers from some annoying disadvantages as well, namely more components that are liable to fail in interesting (and spectacular) ways.