Car audio

jerrodh

Ok so I have been working with my buddy and his dad to try and get my system hooked up in my 2000 Dodge Durango. We are coming along but we keep having issues getting sound to play through an aftermarket headunit. We have tried a Dual flipout DVD screen (what I want to use) and a brand new pioneer typical CD player. We have hooked them both up and no luck getting any sound. Everything else works the display, changing settings, etc.

I have tried googling and I think have an idea what might be the issue, but before we waste another day I wanted some concrete. I believe the speakers use a factory amp, that we have not currently been able to hook up to an aftermarket headunit. I have a dodge durango with the infinity sound system.

Thanks, hopefully someone can chime in here who has had this problem before. We have sense put the stock radio back in and everything works perfect still...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Shikei/2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Shikei/mail.jpg

Here is the stock radio, I believe the factory amp wires are the wires I am pointing at in the picture, because it is the only wire that does not have a place to get hooked up with the aftermarket unit...

I had this in my Sentra with the fosgate system. You'll either have to rewire the speaker wires and cut out the old wire and the old amp, huge PITA. Easiest way is to find the stock amp and get a wiring schematic and cut the harness going into the amp and splice those wires to the speaker wires coming out...

The wire you are pointing to is most likely just the power wires for the stock amp btw,