97 7.3l ford

STEVE-O

Is there any interest in these trucks? I am not a diesel guy but I know people looking to work trucks like turbo diesel and dullies. It does ahve high mileage but well maintained and has a new jasper trans with less than 10k on it.

it being a 97 I just dont know if there is still interest in these things or if they have gone to the side because of gas price etc..

also anything to look for to go wrong? I know the trans are weak on these but like said that is almost new

They have good potential just cost more due to smaller injectors, 15deg hpop, no intercooler. What do you mean by high millage my old f250 had almost 300k and still ran strong put down 418rwhp and 837rwtq all stock internals. Strong point of the older 7.3 is all forged internals and they will last forever as long as maintance is done on them.

Things that go wrong are cracked fuel bowls, leaking pedestal o rings, rusted out oil pans and oil cooler o rings going out.

it has 275k on it all maint done just had new glow plugs put in it with a new serp belt and tensioner and a few small other things. But it is very well taken care of. Like i said I am not really even a truck guy let alone a diesel guy so I am off in left feild on this one.

7.3L motors in stock form are bulletproof. depending on what kind of bosy you want is where significan't price differences are. I have been looking around for a crew cab and they are still demanding a pretty penny, but i have found quite a few deals on regular cab truck under $10k.

intrest in diesel trucks doesn't go down due to gas prices because in the same truck the diesel will always get better fuel economy than a gasoline counterpart.

7.3L motors in stock form are bulletproof. depending on what kind of bosy you want is where significan't price differences are. I have been looking around for a crew cab and they are still demanding a pretty penny, but i have found quite a few deals on regular cab truck under $10k.

intrest in diesel trucks doesn't go down due to gas prices because in the same truck the diesel will always get better fuel economy than a gasoline counterpart.

My thought were this and also the people buying them for work etc dont care about the gas. Now on the other hand If you are interested I will gladly cut you a great deal on this truck. So shoot me a pm regarding that number :)

i think if you are selling your truck you need to post it in classifieds, it sounded like you were looking into buying a particular truck

i am but everything is for sale for the right price. I am working a deal and was trying to see what I am getting into. But if you are searching for a truck and I can work this out I was offering you free dibs on a look at it :) just trying to be a nice guy and look out for others on cr

i am but everything is for sale for the right price. I am working a deal and was trying to see what I am getting into. But if you are searching for a truck and I can work this out I was offering you free dibs on a look at it :) just trying to be a nice guy and look out for others on cr

Pics/more details. I'm looking for a diesel ATM.

I've got a 97 e350. The fact on oil pan rusting is true, very true. Mine is all JB welded to keep it together, previous owner did that. The only other thing I will add is the o ring on the mechanical fuel pumps go out. Causes a fuel leak that looks like its coming from bell housing area. If you find one that leaks, or buy one and latter on leaks. Pull Turbo and replace pedisdul seals and up pipe gaskets. Just for cheap insurance.