Voting/Registration Question

Sully

Someone I work with was called up for Jury Duty, but they thought they weren't registered, so this bought up some questions. I haven't really found my answer via google, so I figured I'd ask the mighty CR.

How often do you have to register to vote? If someone registers when they turn 18, when does that person have to register again? For what reasons would a person need to re-register?

Funny thing... she did move. She last voted sometime in the mid '90's and has moved since then. The voter registration website shows her previous address. But she received the jury duty letter at her current residence.

Quoted this for you...

"In some jurisdictions, the first step of jury selection is composing a jury pool (also a "venire"). This is a panel selected for jury duty and from whom jurors are to be chosen. A common method for drafting jurors is to draw them at random from electoral rolls (known as allotment or sortition), lists of licensed drivers [1], or other broad-based lists of residents in the community (e.g., tax rolls, public utility consumers). Increasingly, courts combine multiple lists to compile the master jury list. In the U.S., the most common combination of source-lists is registered voters and licensed drivers — employed in 19 states."