Cylinder & Slide 1911 Match Trigger Pull Kit?

Guest Hal

Has anybody ever used one of these sets? It looks like exactly what I want, but it's hard to tell without checking out the parts in person. I'm thinking it will need some minor fitting, which is fine, but I don't feel like wasting a ton of time making a shitty kit work marginally well.

The kit includes:

Hammer

Sear

Disconnector

Sear spring

18lb Mainspring

I'm pretty sure it takes more than minor fitting. Won't you have to stone the sear, disconnector to the correct angles? You would like to have an adjustable travel trigger as well right?

Yes, but I would consider that pretty minor. I've been reading reviews and you wouldn't believe the amount of people who think that proper fitting means putting a few hundred rounds through it after simply sticking the parts in the gun.

Already good to go on the trigger.

Okay. There are differing opinions of what some consider minor or major. Do you have the fitment jigs or are you just going to eyeball it?

I'll be eyeballing it. So far I haven't had any major fuck ups with my methodology. Basically, I don't consider small parts fitting major. At worst, you screw it up and buy a new one, not too big of a deal. :cool:

Very crisp trigger pull, takes any slack or creep out of it. All match grade stuff to help you make small groupings.

Here's C&S's Trident:

I take it you've got a little experience with them? I don't really know much about the company, but if you say they're good, I'll roll with that.

Has anybody ever used one of these sets? It looks like exactly what I want, but it's hard to tell without checking out the parts in person. I'm thinking it will need some minor fitting, which is fine, but I don't feel like wasting a ton of time making a shitty kit work marginally well.

The kit includes:

Hammer

Sear

Disconnector

Sear spring

18lb Mainspring

What type of 1911 are you working on ? Does it have a heavy trigger pull right now that you do not like ?