T-mobile found out

Exodus

Just got a text from t-mobile letting me know to stop tethering.. I instantly didn't think anything of it and continued on. Minutes later they shut it off. Is there anyway around this? I have been using my wireless tether app on my rooted mytouch 4g. If I switch to the "Easytether" app will it work again?

I was just being an ass, but really they most likely found out by looking at your traffic. Doing it again with a different App won't help, won't keep them from finding out again I imagine.

I still torrent from my phone so my traffic is usually high. I know at&t is catching on as well with their customers. I wonder if i request a new sim card with a new sim identification number is that will change things.

WTF?

If we don't hear from you, we'll plan to automatically enroll you into DataPro 4GB after March 27, 2011

BAHAHAHAHA wow thats gotta be the best claim I've ever seen. All companies should do this. Next time I sell a car, I'm going to send my customer a text message saying "Hi this is Alex from Bob-Boyd FIAT. My records indicate you are shifting your automatic transmission manually, which is a separate transmission available to you. If I don't hear back from you, I'll automatically bill the bank for a manual transmission FIAT 500 and add it onto your financing."

WTF?

BAHAHAHAHA wow thats gotta be the best claim I've ever seen. All companies should do this. Next time I sell a car, I'm going to send my customer a text message saying "Hi this is Alex from Bob-Boyd FIAT. My records indicate you are shifting your automatic transmission manually, which is a separate transmission available to you. If I don't hear back from you, I'll automatically bill the bank for a manual transmission FIAT 500 and add it onto your financing."

You're violating their contract. It's a lot better to say they're going to charge you for the services you're using than to say, "hey fucktard, we're suing you for breach of contract". Right?

You're violating their contract. It's a lot better to say they're going to charge you for the services you're using than to say, "hey fucktard, we're suing you for breach of contract". Right?

if, like a previous poster said, its a breach of contract on their end, thats messed up. if, like you say, its a breach of contract on the user's end, then what they're doing is fine.

but if thats the method they're using, they're no better than those "freecreditscore.com" jackasses.

Comes down to your phone doesn't OP??? Like with the Galaxy S it has a built in WiFi. They are stating you may tether even a PS3 or my laptop without data capping or throttling. Now the older phones do need a $15 a month tethering plan from what I have been reading.

Can't tell I am shopping around can you lol;)?

Comes down to your phone doesn't OP??? Like with the Galaxy S it has a built in WiFi. They are stating you may tether even a PS3 or my laptop without data capping or throttling. Now the older phones do need a $15 a month tethering plan from what I have been reading.

Can't tell I am shopping around can you lol;)?

Lots of phones (all smartphones with wifi radios?) have the ability to wifi tether via applicable software(or USB, or BTPAN), whether or not that is unlocked or not is usually up to the agreement between the service provider and the manufacturer. In almost all cases you are not expressly permitted to use that feature(or use after block circumvention), even with unlimited data plans, as most service providers outline that tethering falls outside of normal "unlimited data" usage. All providers can see if you are tethering or not. Whether they turn a blind eye to it (Sprint for now) is a whole other issue.