golf club selection

AWW$HEEET

If I haven't played in a few years, would I be fucked if I started playing golf again with blades, versus a set of cavity backs? Similarly, what if I were to use steel shafts vs carbon/composite?

I'm looking at getting some irons and want to get some decent ones that will last me a decent amount of time. I really liked the feel of the cleveland tour action 7 irons. Also, what determines what degree of driver I should use?

If you're just starting I wouldn't spend too much. Being a guy who used grandpas Vietnam era blades and then bought new after 2 years I'd say get a set of mid range cavity backs. Maxfli or something similar.

Clevelands are great. My buddy just gave me his High Bore driver. LOVE it. Can get pricey though. Go to Golf Galaxy and talk to someone there. They'll let you try a few diff of each, set you up on the simulator, and check your swing to help recommend something. Had nothing but great service there.

If you're just starting I wouldn't spend too much. Being a guy who used grandpas Vietnam era blades and then bought new after 2 years I'd say get a set of mid range cavity backs. Maxfli or something similar.

Clevelands are great. My buddy just gave me his High Bore driver. LOVE it. Can get pricey though. Go to Golf Galaxy and talk to someone there. They'll let you try a few diff of each, set you up on the simulator, and check your swing to help recommend something. Had nothing but great service there.

Likely, I will get something used. I don't have a grand to spend on irons.

Hit the Pro Shop on Broad just east of Hamilton. They can fit you for clubs without spending a ton of loot. At a minimum get fitted for your driver. Personally I prefer a steel shaft for my clubs. I bought a 357cc Bertha a few years ago with a composite shaft used it one summer. Occasionally I will break it out, but I don't do well with it. So I stick to my irons.

Hit the Pro Shop on Broad just east of Hamilton. They can fit you for clubs without spending a ton of loot. At a minimum get fitted for your driver. Personally I prefer a steel shaft for my clubs. I bought a 357cc Bertha a few years ago with a composite shaft used it one summer. Occasionally I will break it out, but I don't do well with it. So I stick to my irons.

My uncle had similar issues with the driver. Swung so hard he had zero control. Try a HiBore if you can. He got one as a gift from his wife after trying the one my buddy gave him. Use to tee off with irons. Now he won't let his driver out of his sight. Had to slow his swing down to control it but can hit 250-280 consistently straight that Cleveland now. Grab a Cleveland if you can and slow the swing down just a tad. See if it helps.

My uncle had similar issues with the driver. Swung so hard he had zero control. Try a HiBore if you can. He got one as a gift from his wife after trying the one my buddy gave him. Use to tee off with irons. Now he won't let his driver out of his sight. Had to slow his swing down to control it but can hit 250-280 consistently straight that Cleveland now. Grab a Cleveland if you can and slow the swing down just a tad. See if it helps.

I need to do something. I fell out of a truck at work a few years ago and messed up my ribs, I haven't had as much rotation since. 3 iron was an easy 230-240, now its more 180-200

Ok well I can help you guys out a lil bit. I am a decent golfer. Last season I placed first in our HS OCC district tournament shooting 74 at Players Club. While it was raining. :)

Yes blades are by far the worst club choice for your situation right now. The sweet spots are so small, and when you miss the sweet spot and is very unforgiving. I currently play Cobra blades. But I practice a good amount lol...

Im not huge into hybrids, and I havent used them since I first started playing, but the Adams Golf Insight hybrid set is amazing in the sense that it allows you to get the ball of the ground with ease. (not saying you cant, just makes it easy) And missing the sweet spot is super super forgiving! Please if you have any more questions just PM. I know a real good amount about clubs and other golf stuff. So hopefully i have a answer for ya.

Very very good club choice there sir. Ping makes great equipment..

Also I would recomend steel shafts on the irons. You are a grown adult male. the point of graphite shafts on irons are for people who are not strong enough to get the ball up with speed. AKA preteen kids, and some females. Actually most females and other older folk. And Graphite for all woods (aka driver). Those graphite shafts are designed to maximise whip and stop the club head from tourquing through impact... Your club head moves alot when you are swing fast... lol

I still use the same set I bought when I was 15. U jelly? I say just use what you already have unless ur trying to go pro u dirty lil hampster

Notasinglefuckwasgivin.jpg

Half my shit was thrown in the street during a party I had in HS. Some drunk thought it would be funny.

U jelly I was throwin badder parties at 17 than when you were 25?