• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get you set up in a new set of these

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikegolf/en_US/products/details?sku=GI7114

For around $360.00

Or maybe the slingshots

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikegolf/en_US/products/details?sku=GI7182-001

For a lot less.

Hmmm, im gonna go try both set of irons out then let you know. Thats one hell of a deal

I think Titlest. I recall a great Berta and a big berta as well.

One its Titleist. Second, what you read on your clubs was Big Bertha, and three Big Bertha is a line up from Callaway. :)

Again Callaway has really nice clubs, and the Big Bertha line of clubs was great! Was like the first driver to be 460cc's.

Again stay away from Titleist, which is known for people who can strike the ball well. Advanced players. They are trying to get into the amateur game. But they are known for Pro caliber clubs. Nikes are ok, shitty resale value. If I was to go back and choose new clubs i would choose Pings. Fantastic clubs that have an amazing resale value.

Also BTW dont no one say "nike is good cause tiger uses Nike, they must be good." Because the Nike blades that tiger uses are exact replicas to Titleist's blades that tiger use to play before he got sponsored by Nike.

I can get you set up in a new set of these

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikegolf/en_US/products/details?sku=GI7114

For around $360.00

Or maybe the slingshots

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikegolf/en_US/products/details?sku=GI7182-001

For a lot less.

I would probably be interested in a set of the slingshot's too! PM me price please

Uniflex is like a mix between regular and stiff. But there is no science or good things to them They spent their time trying to get the perfect flex. But didnt do anything else to make them rigid... Head torques like crazy, just weak shafts that Nike produced.

I would try to get dynalite s300 shafts.

Guest GMoney
Uniflex shafts FTL... you would want stiff.

Your talking to somone who just wants a set of clubs for about $50 and worried about the Uniflex shafts?

I have a driver head speed of way over 125mph and can hit any flex shafts. It's not an issue normally. I bought a set of womens ping graphites for an ex and could hit the 5 iron over 190 yards. (i hate graphite, one of my drivers even has a steel shaft) They are actually finding out that you dont have to swing as hard anymore to get the same distance.

To get back on topic....

If your just starting out get a decent set of name brandclubs with a standard flex shaft or uniflex. You cna get a set of used right hand irons for $100 and some woods for about the same. Then start to hit other peoples clubs that you play with and find out what you like. The biggest thing is make sure the club looks good to you standing over it.

Your talking to somone who just wants a set of clubs for about $50 and worried about the Uniflex shafts?

I have a driver head speed of way over 125mph and can hit any flex shafts. It's not an issue normally. I bought a set of womens ping graphites for an ex and could hit the 5 iron over 190 yards. (i hate graphite, one of my drivers even has a steel shaft) They are actually finding out that you dont have to swing as hard anymore to get the same distance.

To get back on topic....

If your just starting out get a decent set of name brandclubs with a standard flex shaft or uniflex. You cna get a set of used right hand irons for $100 and some woods for about the same. Then start to hit other peoples clubs that you play with and find out what you like. The biggest thing is make sure the club looks good to you standing over it.

I stood over a few sets at the shop. The best were the clevelands, slingshots were similar. I can get a good deal on the pings, but they didn't feel the same. For some reason the callaway irons felt kind of bulky. Not sure how to describe it.

I don't wanna spend $50. I want a set that will last.

125 huh?? Well over??? So you hit your driver like 400 yards?

Im pretty sure If I tried to hit a womens flex driver I would hook the shit out of it. And I only have around 100MPH club head speed. If that, I havent "checked" recently.

Gmoney do you want to play for money? :)