Learn me some Carb-potatoes

Sam1647545489

weber what? and on that note, edelchokes are weber designs.

With terrible production tolerances. Internally different than the AFB, but used the same Step Up springs, Metering Rods, and Jets. Made to look like AFB's for the Nostalgic types.

Well what are your guys guesses on hp that this motor will put out with these carbs. I am hoping for 300-330 flywheel. Basically what it makes at the flywheel is what its gonna make at the prop. I cant really see much hp loss from the outdrive. Again I ask this cause I am not sure what a carb motor can make with little mods.

The parts you have put it really close to the GMPP Crate Vortec 350. They were rated at 330. Lite headwork, good manifold, open exhaust I'd put it in the 340-360 range.

Its hard to put an open exhaust on a boat. Its usually limited to what you can run seeing as it has to be surrounded with water jackets to keep it cool. I am researching making a set of headers for it now to get it exit alil better. But thats another thread. I appreciate all the help guys. Gonna goto Jegs this weekend. Also will post some pics of the build even though its not much to see.

We ran a huge set of jacketed manifolds on there. The primary diameters were 2 1/8" and 4" outlets with short risers. On tubular headers, the lines plumb into the lowest part of the tubes. If you're gonna keep it through the transom a set of block huggers would get the job done. The cam you have doesn't have a whole lot of overlap so hydrolocking won't be an issue. Meaning it won't suck the water back through the exhaust port. Not a lot of water is gonna run through there so it won't be a problem.