E85

LS_Sonoma

search didnt bring up much...

what are you using for fuel lines? Not trying to start a debate here. I'd like to use E85 as well and I have braided cloth over rubber -8AN from Russell Performance. Just curious if the ethanol will eat through it.

Most of the modern hoses are made to withstand the higher Ethanol content in modern fuels. Just to scrimp and get the cheap stuff. If it were straight Meth, or something similar you'd do yourself a favor and drain the system to keep it from corroding anything and swelling the rubber lines shut.

Even with the newer Neoprene stuff?

fuel lines are only good for 1-3 years before they start to turn to junk. as far as i know teflon is the only thing thats not effected by that. there is many cases of fuel lines failing after only a few years, mainly on efi cars.

its one of those things they don't tell you. if you do a google search you'll see what i'm talking about.

For my SC I did all teflon braided fuel line from tank to rail. with a SS micron fuel filter. I should be able to run what ever i want to in my SC and not have to worry about it. IMO its the only way to do it if you want it to last.

all the new jegs stuff says is compatible but I wouldnt take the chance.

Hmm. I guess I'll plan on hardlining in the future with stainless. E85 was planned after I purchased all this hose and is just a thought at this point because of its everywhere over here. Plus I already have 42lb injectors to support it. I would like a switch to be able to go between tunes though. i.e. Gas + E85.

been running the same -10 an lines for 14 yrs. deff not junk. nor are they hurt inside in any way. also run e85. any good quality braided stianless or the nylon lighter style hose should have a long life and no issues.or stainless fuel lines. u basicly dont want cheap plastic or alum fuel lines