Someone killed on Henderson & Winterset

Big Chief201

actually the dog lunged its head at the right side of my bike then it fell and i ran its foot over or something and it tumbled to the side of the road, got back up and started after me again. it must of had rabies.

I actually had a St Bernard pull up along side at 40mph and open his mouth at my leg. I'm looking at my speedo, I mean dogs can't run that fast. When he quit barking and went to bite, I decided it was time to go away.

its early. alot of people ride like pricks til they scare themselves once or twice.

I'm a fairly careful defensive rider, but already in a week or two I've had several flirts with fenders. Enough to remind me that cagers either just don't give a damn, or just don't see us. It won't get any better in the years ahead.

Man it sounds like quite the crappy day for motorcyclists. I have two coworkers that ride black Buells so I took a close look at that Dayton accident. I dont think it was them.

I also picked up my first ticket today. 81 in a 65. Cops were everywhere today.

Man it sounds like quite the crappy day for motorcyclists. I have two coworkers that ride black Buells so I took a close look at that Dayton accident. I dont think it was them.

I also picked up my first ticket today. 81 in a 65. Cops were everywhere today.

First off...and Im only saying this as your friend. Zach, hahahaha. Dummy. What were you thinking? You know better. You had better be careful with that brand new paintjob. Secondly I work at a dayton hospital and overheard paramedics talking about the buell accident. They mentioned the words "pick up chunks" so Im sure it was quite gruesome. Just a grim reminder to all, watch yourselves. Its far to early in the season.

My roommate called me and said someone on Henderson & Reed got into a wreck and was decapitated ill have the rest of the details. I hope it wasn't anyone on here. :(

Condolences and prayers to the riders family and friends….

First off...and Im only saying this as your friend. Zach, hahahaha. Dummy. What were you thinking? You know better.

This coming from the guy who blew through a red light at 110 mph in his $35,000 STi and subsequently hopped the curb and almost ended up in a pond...

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/deadly_motorcycle_accident_on_henderson_road/13943/

John Tarini witnessed the fatal accident from his vehicle while waiting at a stop light. Tarini told NBC 4, “(The) lady coming westbound on Henderson was taking a left onto Winterset and this motorcycle just came out of nowhere”.
Tarini says it looked as if the two motorcycles were racing. “He was flying. I mean, there’s no skid marks on the road or anything…he never even stopped.”

Granted racing on the street is bad and if they hadn't been racing, this might not have happened but that doesn't excuse the lady from not looking before she turned left in front of them. I guess I wasn't there to see conditions or the path of the road to know if it was a blind curve or something but they are pretty quick to put all the blame on the biker.

The road ia completely straight and the accident happened at an intersection with a light. Also henderson has a limit of 45 and people regularly do 65 through there.

While they were probably breaking the law, yes the cager should have been paying more attention

actually the dog lunged its head at the right side of my bike then it fell and i ran its foot over or something and it tumbled to the side of the road, got back up and started after me again. it must of had rabies.

Thats what you call committment on the dogs part :p

Why won't you die :beathorse: Sorry. I hate hitting animals actually.

...that doesn't excuse the lady from not looking before she turned left in front of them.

If they were racing, or the bike was moving at a very high rate of speed on a busy city street then the bike most likely was NOT there or even in view when the cager looked and then turned. That phrase "came out of nowhere" sometimes holds true when something is moving that fast.

The road ia completely straight and the accident happened at an intersection with a light. Also henderson has a limit of 45 and people regularly do 65 through there.

While they were probably breaking the law, yes the cager should have been paying more attention

Henderson is 50mph from Reed to Olentangy.

I've seen a few changing lanes on the highway this year, which would be ok, but 3 or 4 lanes in heavy traffic at 85-95 isn't the smartest. I'm guilty of such antics, but only to get out of the thick of things, but the 2 I saw (different times) were gunning for the exit. If they would have stayed where they were it would have taken an extra 2 seconds.

RIP.