F/S Blown SBC

STEVE-O

More details (like a lot more ???)

Bottom end, pistons, heads, cam? Last time blower was rebuilt? How underdriven is it? When was it last run?

Etc, etc, etc.

Is this your's? Is it negotiable?

Price is a little neg. Blower is almost brand new. I can not say what the internal are that is why it is priced cheap and neg. It was pulled from a running nova who owed money and could not pay us. You are free to come take a look if you would like

Can you find out what internals are in it? Do you know what cubic inch it is?

If it's a stock 350 with a way underdriven blower used for car shows, that's one thing.

If it's a completely forged engine with a high dollar top end, that's another thing. I'm not trying to give you a hard time man, but these things mean the difference between being worth $2500 or being worth $5000 (to me at least).

Does it have a magneto?

I can pull the valve cover and see what rockers were put on it. I was going to possibly also pull the blower and see if I can tell anymore from that. Like I said I don't know a who lot on sbc stuff so if you are really interested you can come by and take a look at it even see as we tear into it

Steve, I'd be more interested in just the blower as well. I have a low-compression, forged bottom-end 406 just asking for something like that. :) If that's an option, shoot me a $ number.

There are just way too many questions about that thing as it stands now, and not many of them can be answered by pulling a cover. Are you guys going to pull the pan also?

Please share anything you learn about it with us. What distributor, if any, is on it?

Thanks.

u know thats a 6-71 not a 8-71 right???? and those look to be a double hump head with accry bolts, steel and or dart sportsman 2s.

I was told its a 871? How can you tell for sure?

And the blower, linkage and carbs I can let go for 2,500

Its a Mallory distributor

the blower its self is too short on a 871 the pulley would almost touch the front bearing housing. and on a 10-71 or larger the back case is longer.

thats deff a 6-71. and with the two single feed carbs would be hard to get 650. im thinking who ever owed u money may have gave you a pile. to save yorself id take it apart at least the pan to see if anyting is done to it or just some stock bottom end. ive seen this a lot with people

the blower its self is too short on a 871 the pulley would almost touch the front bearing housing. and on a 10-71 or larger the back case is longer.

thats deff a 6-71. and with the two single feed carbs would be hard to get 650. im thinking who ever owed u money may have gave you a pile. to save yorself id take it apart at least the pan to see if anyting is done to it or just some stock bottom end. ive seen this a lot with people

Thanks for the info. Luckly he didnt owe me the money :)

I will try and start pulling it apart this week/weekend if I can find time.

send me any pics and part numbers and i can proably tell you whats in it. valves u can measure with dial calipers. and just to help you i sold my slightly used very clean 671 with two 600 carters wich were new too a hilborn scoop for 2000. so your close on price but with those carbs id drop the price also try to sell it on racing junk. blowers go fast.

i want to do a blower in the blazer bad. but i really wanted a 8-71. either way would look great in it.

If you want to come by this weekend let me know. I can cut you a deal on the setup in return for the help you have been

Did this come out of a maroon nova by any chance

I can find out but right now not sure

Interested in the blower and carbs. Can you tell me the total height on both together. I got limited room and a tall blower carb setup might not fit.

cut hole in hood :masturboy:

It would be cut a hole in the sun deck where the ladies lay. :no:

il measure it for ya

Loveid to get the blower and drive kit no carbs. Not a fan of summit carbs. Plus id wana run overdriven and need dual accelerator pumps. Take a signed contract payment plan?

maybe we can work a deal. Il hopefully be able to tell you more I am going to start pulling it apart this weekend

i will be installing my new turbo motor but if you need anything just ask here or pm me. yea those carbs are summits version of a holley. they are more like a edelbrock since they top plate is removeable. I have to do payments on anything expensive i buy cause i never have just a big baloon payment. 2 kids and 6 cars, and 3 well 4 of them are project cars. lol

its never ending. as soon as the s10 motor is in and tuned. its done for a few yrs except for a new paint job this winter..

im doing the 9" driveshaft, and transbrake for the blazer next so i can at least spray the nos motor with 225. but id love to just swap it out for a blower setup since its mostly a street setup

Loveid to get the blower and drive kit no carbs. Not a fan of summit carbs. Plus id wana run overdriven and need dual accelerator pumps. Take a signed contract payment plan?

LOL @ signed contract payment plan.

If you can't pay cash at your age then you don't need it.