School me on aftermarket warranties??

Diamonds

My boss right now has a Toyota truck and she needed something done and when she went back to the dealership she bought the truck and warranty from she was informed that the warranty company had closed down and was being sued. She spent 1700 on the warranty and got beat.

I would have demanded some sort of compensation.

I know you're looking at some high-dollar cars, but $4k is absurd. You probably negotiated them way down on the price of the car and they're trying to recoup some profit...which is not unethical, but I think you can negotiate down to 2 or 3k depending on the vehicle.

I know someone who got a warranty for an '08 CLS550, AMG appearance package and 59k miles. It cost her somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000-3500 but only because she was a massive headache customer who we honestly didn't care if we ever saw her again, she wasted so many people's time. She came in a week later to yell at my manager because the inside of the cupholders were scratched (EL OH EL), and to put the car on a lift to address other issues Germain MB wanted $150.

So heres a funny story... i need help.

An independent agent quoted me 3090.00 for the NAC pinnacle warranty.

A local dealer here in columbus quoted me 1070.00 for the NAC pinnacle warranty.

Same class within NAC (A2), same years, same mileage allowance... I even asked the dealership to check their numbers again...

Too good to be true?