Auto trans service

JaSSon

LOL, just talked to AAMCO, they said this vehicle doesn't have a pan, and the filter is inaccessible. Fucking Ford. Anyway, sounds like just a standard drain and fill. They quoted me at $99. Better be some damned good fluid.

Is this hard to do on your own? I have never changed mine, i probably should.

I was expecting a pan that would have to be removed = big fucking mess = I'd rather pay to have it done. Also not sure how much Voodoo to add to the tranny fluid. Fucking magic!

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly 4 quarts drain. I did that twice. I don't feel like wasting anymore fluid. Stupid ass design...

waste more fluid you at leaste want to do it 4 to 5 times to get it all changed out. drive it around in between each change to get the fluid out of the tq converter and lines

waste more fluid you at leaste want to do it 4 to 5 times to get it all changed out. drive it around in between each change to get the fluid out of the tq converter and lines

Really you should have a flush done, otherwise you're not ever going to get completely clean fluid in there. Even on the cars that had a drain plug for the tq converter you would only get ~75-85% of the fluid out.

You can't do a flush on those. All the lines are sealed by crimpers

Didn't read what the car was, I only saw Ford and assumed it was an older one. In that case, suction is the way to go for speed.

I hate sealed-ish transmissions. They are just half assed and annoying.