Marine Survives Two Tours in Iraq, SWAT Kills Him

87GT

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spam
Lawyer got face time, media is eating it up, she will be rich as hell.

60 shots.. wow :nono:

So, do you still defend them or no? Now more of the story has emerged and the SWAT was def. in the wrong?

1. They were there for a reason

2. Stop grouping all law enforcement professionals together when a mistake is made.

3. That could be the worst SWAT unit ever if they shot 71 times and the guy was still breathing

4. I agree that the real truth may never be known

5. Serving this country doesn't mean you couldn't be involved in criminal activity

6. A lawyer's going to have a media field day with this

7. I bet she buys a Mercedes instead of a Porsche

The line of work they are in is high stress. These are still individuals and as such there is room for human error. You could find hundreds of thousands of these types of situations.. however on the other hand you could find trillions of successful reports. When your job is to be called in during high risk situations you are going to have more casualties. You cant group the entire department based off of a handful of mistakes. Many departments have SWAT teams and many of those members have unblemished records. It really is a shame that the mistakes happen, there are also many cases when better judgment should have been shown.. but dont let these few brand the majority.

I know you probably haven't had a chance to respond yet but I am genuinely curious about the gang question.

I'm sure they all passed the training and appeared competent before this happened. If they didnt their history will become public knowledge quickly with the right lawyer.

I think you missed my point. Messing up is part of being human. If you expect perfection in the line of fire you watch too much tv.

Actually they do expect perfection.. I bet that guy is being ripped a new one.

I'm going to tell you a little story.

My cousin is in the Army. Similar to SWAT he works with special units that get their hands dirty often. He has several responsibilities, one of which involves tank operation and artillery on the front lines. The tank has nothing to do with this situation but I have always found it cool that he gets paid to blow up shit. Ok, back to the story... Fighting overseas is something he does by choice and has chosen to re-enlist on several occasions. None of this was to fulfill his need to be the alpha male. It was to protect other soldiers because he has the training and expertise to possibly make sure another soldier makes it home safe. A self proclaimed nerd, he can breach your house and take you out with his hands or shoot your face off from a couple hundred yards. This is in no way to show off, not to be top dog, its just to be in a position to help others if needed. I bring him up because he is basically SWAT. The only difference is he's kicking down foreign doors. If you go deeper into it you will find most do it to help others. Its selfless not selfish.

I'm not going to be ignorant and say none of them are as you explained. I'm also not going to say they are all great stand up people. What I will say is they are all individuals that are/were good enough to be considered elite. They risk their lives all the time to try and make a better place for us. It offends me when people like you look down their nose at the entire group. The guys that screwed up deserve the backlash, not everyone wearing the uniform.

So, do you still defend them or no? Now more of the story has emerged and the SWAT was def. in the wrong?

I highlighted my posts since you obviously didnt read them. I defended SWAT as a whole, not the people in this situation. Short and simple not all SWAT are bad. They have a high level of stress that can lead to mess ups. Its not ok to fuck up (thats why they are called fuck ups) and the people that do mess up deserve whats coming to them. Just dont try to judge everyone on others mistakes. Just in case I wasnt clear in my previous posts I ended my last one with, "The guys that screwed up deserve the backlash, not everyone wearing the uniform." I cant make it any more clear than that.

Not sure what all of the :dumb: is about but I'm speaking from the miority of the 10% on here who actually deal with these situations to the majority that don't.

Greg, I don't think being a good or bad marine had anything to do with it. The question is: How do you confuse a SWAT team (who announces their presence) with home intruders? You don't.

We're also taught PID - positive ID on any target. If you adjust your weapon posture and AIM it -- even on safe -- you've gone from aggresive to offensive.

I don't think I need to explain that...

You are no fun... I'm sitting at my computer in full body armor ready for an ebattle before I go to the gym.

This song always gets me pumped up for the gym. Try it sometime :fuckyeah:

Wtf happened to this thread? Where did the court jester go?

Back to his one bedroom apartment over the railroad tracks to put more tin foil on his head and write more letters to The Dispatch about how the drinking water is contaminated, Roswell is the key to understanding the current global economic recession, and how SWAT was orginally designed by the Los Angeles Police Department to be a deathsquad for eliminating political threats?

A SEAL team, an Army platoon, and a full Battalion of cops are sent into a forest to catch a rabbit

The SEAL team goes in. They're in there for twenty-three minutes, there's a single gunshot, and they come out with a rabbit.

The Army platoon then charges in. They're in the forest for four hours and there's hollering, unending gunfire, massive mortar explosions, screams of bloody murder, and then silence. They emerge, battle worn and weary, but with a rabbit.

Then the police force enters the forest. They're in there for four days. Eventually, they come out with a squirrel.

No, no, guys, you have to go catch a rabbit.

So they go back in. Two hours later, they emerge with that same squirrel but now it's all beat to hell; black eye, bloody nose, broken arm, it's trembling and waving frantically. "Okay! Okay!" screams the squirrel, "I'm a rabbit! I'm a fuckin' rabbit!"

The Army platoon then charges in. They're in the forest for four hours and there's hollering, unending gunfire, massive mortar explosions, screams of bloody murder, and then silence. They emerge, battle worn and weary, but with a rabbit.

:lol:

This is Johnny on the spot.

The pictures alone paint an undisciplined, illtrained, trigger happy, group of clowns. A disgusting display of excessive force. I find it funny that the ones sworn to uphold the law, can completely disreguard it when they deem necessary. Again, these aren't the streets of Sadr City where they play for keeps. I'll go back to Virginia Tech just to show that some agencies in American Law Enforcement have no idea what they're doing.

What if the tables were turned, and this gentleman had shot a few of the SWAT members entering his house? I bet he'd see life in prison just because he shot a cop. Pretty much a double standard, saying one life is worth more than another. I hope this "SWAT team" becomes meter maids, and better yet, have to help change bed pans at the VA hospital as community service.

:lol:

This is Johnny on the spot.

The pictures alone paint an undisciplined, illtrained, trigger happy, group of clowns. A disgusting display of excessive force. I find it funny that the ones sworn to uphold the law, can completely disreguard it when they deem necessary. Again, these aren't the streets of Sadr City where they play for keeps. I'll go back to Virginia Tech just to show that some agencies in American Law Enforcement have no idea what they're doing.

What if the tables were turned, and this gentleman had shot a few of the SWAT members entering his house? I bet he'd see life in prison just because he shot a cop. Pretty much a double standard, saying one life is worth more than another. I hope this "SWAT team" becomes meter maids, and better yet, have to help change bed pans at the VA hospital as community service.

I like this guy.

2 things

1. For 60 bullets to hit him, all of them could not have been while he was on his feet.

2. Why was he still holding the weapon and in an upright position in the first place? If I see a swat team Im extending the gun and both hands above my head while dropping to my knees. Maybe thats just from growing up where I did but I dont play when people are pointing guns at me.

2 things

1. For 60 bullets to hit him, all of them could not have been while he was on his feet.

2. Why was he still holding the weapon and in an upright position in the first place? If I see a swat team Im extending the gun and both hands above my head while dropping to my knees. Maybe thats just from growing up where I did but I dont play when people are pointing guns at me.

From what I read, he heard banging on the door, grabbed his gun and pointed it at the door. The busted in and started shooting.

71 rounds fired is beyond ridiculous. Not to mention 60 of those connected with the man's body. I understand "heat of the moment", but emptying and entire magazine just goes to show that these guys were amateurs. These guys have no business conducting raids by any means. They let their fear take over and act for them. I bet if the initial guy through the breach had a less than lethal round in his shotgun, they could've saved an innocent life. It is disgusting that they dishonored this Marine in this way. I'm all for these turds not having a badge and spending some time in the booty house.
  • Upvote 2

71 rounds fired is beyond ridiculous. Not to mention 60 of those connected with the man's body. I understand "heat of the moment", but emptying and entire magazine just goes to show that these guys were amateurs. These guys have no business conducting raids by any means. They let their fear take over and act for them. I bet if the initial guy through the breach had a less than lethal round in his shotgun, they could've saved an innocent life. It is disgusting that they dishonored this Marine in this way. I'm all for these turds not having a badge and spending some time in the booty house.

Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn

More great details here.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-st-louis/criminal-home-invaders-pretending-to-be-cops-or-the-real-thing-does-it-matter?CID=examiner_alerts_article

At first the Pima County Sheriff's Office said that Guerena fired first . . .

But that turned out to be a bit of "crime drama" fiction, apparently:

. . . but on Wednesday officials backtracked and said he had not. "The safety was on and he could not fire," according to the sheriff's