Sliding Door Schooling

Xyster101

I need a sliding door and I want a good one. I was looking to spend $1,000+ for a nice insulated one with a screen, standard size. I know I can go to a box store, but I would rather go to a local person who specializes in doors. I am looking for advice on brands and quality which a box store is not good at conveying.

I am handy. Would this be worth putting in myself or having someone else do it?

When my brother bought his house a few months back his was leaking bad.. so bad it rotted the wood under it. The day he moved it, we ripped out the door, tore apart the wood and put new wood down and he spent under $400 for a fully insulated door with a screen.

Yeah you can do it yourself with the help of another. Since we had to take it up a few flights of stairs, I removed one of the panels of glass. Those fuckers are VERY heavy with both doors/glass set in them.

I guess it depends on how much you want to save over how much you really need a new one. Yeah, you can spend up to a grand on a new sliding door, but is it bad? seals cracked or are you just wanting some replacement in it?