Anyone train MMA/Jiu Jitsu?

dover

Anyone here recommend a good place? I had some amazing coaches down in Virginia but since moving back to Ohio I have no idea where to go. I am looking for personal in site on a place, as I have already looked up several places online. Personal input being the key here. If not is anyone interested in doing some training? I got really into it down south (as it is huge down there) and it is a great way to stay in shape.

Place that I was thinking of going is Relson Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Place looks legit and I still need to go by and speak with there instructors. They have 3 black belts and a hand full of brown and purple. Could be a great experience if anyone is interested, it'd be cool to have someone I know to train with.

http://www.gracieohio.com/default.html

i went there (relson gracie) with my buddy once. (he would go often). the instructor i met, i forget his name, was super nice and seemed very knowledgable. the class size was about 15 people when i went. i remember an army major was there in his acus. it seemed like a legit place. i never went back because i was fat and lazy. but would go again if i got into it.

there is another place about two blocks from my house on Goodale Ave. an Aruthur Ruff school. never heard anything good/bad about it. fairly new i think, within the last 1 or 2 years

my good buddy trains at buckeye mma....the ones I trained at were smaller. Now I just lift weights but would love to get back in to in MMA its the funnest thing I have ever done...way funner than football ever was and way harder.

There's a place in Grovecity, can't remember the name, that trains bjj and MMA. I'm told there is someone there who is Level 3 Combatives too. Once you do any bjj, you soon see Combatives has many flaws, especially the first way they teach to pass the Guard.

Many of the ones above are well recognized. Garcie's school in Gahana is where is would check out. Is all preference, call them up talk to the guy training/teaching and then go train with them a few times to feel it out. If it's not your kind of place, check the others out. I was driving 37 miles one way, 4 nights a week, to train where I wanted to. Pedro Garcia, is the only person outside the Gracie family to be brought in and trained with them, he grew up with them. He was 2010's #1 trainer of the year. He, like the Gracie's, have school's all over the US. Just an FYI. I personally like a school that focus's on bjj, but has a MMA night to train as well.

What I don't like about the place's in Columbus is everyone wants to be a " fight house". And they turn it into a tough man contest every night. Or our school is so much fucking better than where you train. Everyone is a pussy if they don't train with us. I don't need that BS. I just want to train and not have drama and stand around measuring dicks and talking about how many tough guy tattoo's we all have.

Dover, you'll see this. Soldiers train. And they keep on training. People will show up for "class" and at an hour, they are ready to leave. Fuck no. That hour was just to show you something new, or refine what you know. Now it's time to roll and put it in play. Or do drills to get it all to come together. That's just how I see it.

I trained at Odyssey MMA with Black Belt John Simons III and did a seminar with Dave Camarillo and Jon Fitch. I also went to Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu Hampton Roads and trained with Black Belt Ben Eaton, along with a good buddy of mine Black Belt (Judo) Coby Parmenter. I loved training BJJ. I completely agree with you Joe. Immediately after training in the traditional art, you could see the flaws in the program. I still love that I went to into it all with a base of knowledge. But I tried to show a different way around things when I was instructing the past year. Thanks for the input and I fully intend on checking into a couple places.

If I was around this year, I'd be looking to train with you. The good thing for me is, when I come back to Columbus, youll have done most of the search work for me probably. Lol

Good luck. I'll be checking in with you later.

Edited by Mojoe
Owned by phone

I think black00ws6 does this but don't know where he trains...may want to send him a PM asking?

Yup...

I'm a head instructor at Ohio Krav Maga but personally train BJJ at Ruffhouse.

Arthur is an amazing instructor and like others said.. the real deal. Matt Brown and Luke Zachrich are both intructors there for MMA and Muay Thai.

PM me for details