Define Irony....

blacktalon606

I keep seeing this commercial on TV where Wanda Sychs keeps telling me not to refer to things as "gay" in a derogatory way. I find it ironic... because a group of people took a word that meant "light hearted and care free" to a former generation... and turned it into something that that generation would consider negative... and are now bitching because the current generation has again modified the term into something they consider derogatory. That is my new definition of the word "Irony." Haha.

There's a thread about this. But it was IIRC Hillary Duff.

Something about a skirt as a top is gay.

I've been meaning to ask Moose as he is a skirt expert.

He's prolly still sleeping off Paddy day.

It does feel weird if you let it slip around a gay. There is a friend/woman I work with since 1999 and she is awesome. We was talking about something and I said, "That's gay!". I was all weirded out after I realized what I said..haha. She said that she knew what I meant and it's no biggie.

It does feel weird if you let it slip around a gay. There is a friend/woman I work with since 1999 and she is awesome. We was talking about something and I said, "That's gay!". I was all weirded out after I realized what I said..haha. She said that she knew what I meant and it's no biggie.

Have a really good friend that is a pipe smoker and he has said that it doesn't bother him. Totally different meanings

What's even funnier about Wanda Sykes being the newest PSA person for using the word gay is that she only recently came out to the public after hiding for many years DEEP, in the way back corner behind the suitcase part of the closet. The only thing that prompted her to come out was the whole California gay marriage ban. She went straight from being way deep in the closet to high atop her soapbox. I think the PSA with Hillary Duff has more comedic value though. I LOL everytime I see it.

i heard it was ok as long as you say, "ghey" and not "FUCKING FAGGOT"

am i right?

srsly, i heard ghey was okhey

That's only true if you spell it out G-H-E-Y immediately after using it to clear up any misinterpretations, otherwise it's hard to differentiate from G-A-Y.