Thanks dustinsn3485

xtremef4i

OK so some of you know Dustin from the Dayton area. Not really a shop review (well kinda sorta) but more so a mechanic review. I just wanted to say thanks for him helping me out and for his knowledge of bikes. Every question I ever throw at him, he answers. He is pretty smart to bike related questions, as well as other things. Anyways, I took my bike over to his place a couple weeks ago and we checked the valve clearance on my 01 CBR. Luckily, everything was still in spec after ~17K miles. We got back together last night to put new plugs in and sync the throttle bodies. Haven't rode the bike yet, but just from revving it up, it seems to have better throttle responce. The throttle bodies werent too badly out of sync but we got them evened back up. I must say, that throttle sync tool (motion pro SYNC PRO) is pretty neat how it works. To make a long story short, Dustin is a great guy, great mechanic, willing to teach/explain, has a flexible schedule, and has pretty good rates. Oh, and he is fun to ride with as well. He can do just about everything except dyno tuning but I hope that is somewhere in his future.... way down the road. Thanks again Dustin!

Edited by xtremef4i

yeah...dustin will service you in all kinds of ways.

Just for you...

:bj:

:eek:

Anyways, thanks Brad. I appreciate the good words.

Anyone just shoot me a PM if you need work. I've actually got a business set-up and am working with some companies to get dealer rates on oil, tires, batteries (yuasa), and possibly K&L. There could be more in the future as well.

Also my father has been a machinist for 30+ years and we have a bridgeport, lathe, and welder, plus more fun toys. He is hoping to get into some machining as well.

Edited by dustinsn3485

What's the swing on your Dad's lathe?

I always have projects that require a bigger lathe than mine.

Without actually measuring, best guess would be about 18". If you were serious about anything I'd give you his number to talk to him about what you have.