IPhone vs. Storm....advice please!!!

PrincessPratt

Question for anyone out there that has had a blackberry, palm, windows OS.....did it bother you not having the cut/paste options and not having the capacity to forward text messages from collegues to others once you got the IPhone. I'm finding this is my one big things that has really left me speachless/irritated. I know as the next few weeks progress I willl get used to it. Any thoughts?

The Storm comes with cut and paste. Why does the iPhone not have many of these things? Everyone is comparing the two like they have been out the same amount of time. The Storm JUST came out. Give it some time and the bugs will be worked out and there will be just as many apps for the Storm as the iPhone.

Also, how come iPhone users are the only ones that know of these people who hated the Storm and returned them?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you won't be able to just upgrade software, you have to get a new phone. BUT you can exchange the one you just bought for a new one free of charge it seems. It comes out July 11. Don't forget to erase all those inappropriate pics before you turn it in!

http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/iphoneblog/2008/06/att-clarifies-n.html

This is so wrong, it's a free upgrade for the FIRMWARE. You can abosolutely upgrade to the 3.x firmware free of charge. It will work on your phone just fine. There is talk of an exchange program, turn in your phone for a credit towards the new version.

This is so wrong, it's a free upgrade for the FIRMWARE. You can abosolutely upgrade to the 3.x firmware free of charge. It will work on your phone just fine. There is talk of an exchange program, turn in your phone for a credit towards the new version.

You could be right, I was just quoted what I read on the internet. Everyone knows if you read it on the interweb it must be true! ;)

I say buy both then decide which one you like, then give the other one to me to sell on ebay so I can get some cool accent lights for my ride.... work for you?? I'll even throw in a warm hug for your participation.....

Question for anyone out there that has had a blackberry, palm, windows OS.....did it bother you not having the cut/paste options and not having the capacity to forward text messages from collegues to others once you got the IPhone. I'm finding this is my one big things that has really left me speachless/irritated. I know as the next few weeks progress I willl get used to it. Any thoughts?

The new 3.0 software will have picture mail, forward text, and the ability to delete an individual text message as well. It takes a few days to get used to the screen and everything. The browser on this iphone blows my old Sprint Instinct away.

its why i tossed the iphone and now use the Bold!!! :)

You could be right, I was just quoted what I read on the internet. Everyone knows if you read it on the interweb it must be true! ;)

That's a rumor that's been running around the web since it looks like the 3.0 upgrade might be released (coincidently enough) around the same time as the new iPhone hardware this summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see that the current HW version doesn't support or support well some of the features of the 3.0 firmware and Apple will tout that to take full advantage you need the new HW.

Just to throw in my $0.02 my buddy at work has a Storm and doesn't seem to like it much. I guess the screen actually started clicking like a week after he got it from dust getting behind it.

On a side note I love my Dare. :)

I have a Storm and my wife has a Dare... 'nuff said. :D

Too lazy to read the thread but consider plan prices and such as well, like mentioned the iPhoneOS 3.0 is coming and it adds compy and paste, tethering (which verizon will never do), landscape keyboard, and mms. I was with verizon for 6 years and just swtiched to ATT to get an iphone so i dont hate either company the iPhone is just superior hardware.

Too lazy to read the thread but consider plan prices and such as well, like mentioned the iPhoneOS 3.0 is coming and it adds compy and paste, tethering (which verizon will never do), landscape keyboard, and mms. I was with verizon for 6 years and just swtiched to ATT to get an iphone so i dont hate either company the iPhone is just superior hardware.

Well I was initially a bit nervous about the ATT service prices. I was paying $118 month (that was with taxes and for EVERYTHING unlimited) for my palm at sprint. They wouldn't let me use my corporate discount b/c they said that was already a discounted price. Now with my IPhone I only pay $128 month for everything...data, minutes, texting, etc. My corporate discount saved me $63/month! Woot!:D

You can tether the Storm.

I have to give a shout out to Putty for helping me out! It's VERY hard to sync from palm desktop to Iphone. PUTTY YOU ARE THE GREATEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're very welcome. Glad I was able to help ya. I <3 iPhone. Now jailbreak that beast and enjoy all the capabilities. :badgerrock:

...it still kills me...3 versions.....and they FINALLY get mms, video, copy paste ect...

Sorry, but no video in 3.0. Although a lot more than you mentioned up there.

Edited by Putty

I have yet to read the entire thread, but I have the IPhone 3G and Love it. Apple just announced I-Phone OS 3.0. Great improvments and APP's for the medical field are growing and will dramaticaly improve under 3.0...If you have time. Watch the preview. The OS has been released to developers and will launch in the Summer at no charge for IPhone users.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/preview-iphone-os/

You're very welcome. Glad I was able to help ya. I <3 iPhone. Now jailbreak that beast and enjoy all the capabilities. :badgerrock:

Sorry, but no video in 3.0. Although a lot more than you mentioned up there.

damn i hate apple!!!! you have to break the phone to get all the toys to work!!! Im STILL glad i traded the Iphone 3g for the BB Bold!!! Not as many "toys" but mail push actually works as it should!!! ( and my work allows BB's)

My push works great with Yahoo. There isn't a BB around nor in R&D that can beat an iPhone. 3.0 will widen the gap between it and other devices.

:)

blah blah blah...apple still sucks!!!! lol

...but still, no video yet? WTF man!?!?!!?!

i love my BB BOLD!!!!!