How to get rid of an asshole of a neighbor in New Albany?

Zeppelin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol u dont even realize who that is. Btw, I thought it was a defense attorney?

I know who he is. If you get with Mike Dewine and get an opinion written, I'll back off.

My personal sources are a defense attorney and a Westerville cop. The secondary sources are a prosecutor and another Ohio cop.

Wouldn't it actually depend if your land was incorporated into a Village/City as opposed to simply being in the Township?

Zoning doesn't set the laws, it simple says what you can and can not put on the property.

Laws are set at a Township, Village, City level, and enforced by the Sheriff or Law Enforcement. So if you aren't in a Village or City, you go to Township law, which generally is an "anything goes".

Wouldn't it actually depend if your land was incorporated into a Village/City as opposed to simply being in the Township?

Zoning doesn't set the laws, it simple says what you can and can not put on the property.

Laws are set at a Township, Village, City level, and enforced by the Sheriff or Law Enforcement. So if you aren't in a Village or City, you go to Township law, which generally is an "anything goes".

Don't forget about state law.

Did you seriously just miss where I verified my comments with a police officer and an attorney? Are you an LJ conspiring to say dumb things together?

I just talked to 3 lawyers and 6 police officers and they all said something different.

I just talked to 3 lawyers and 6 police officers and they all said something different.

That's the beauty of law. No one knows what is going on, but everyone else is wrong.

That's the beauty of law. No one knows what is going on, but everyone else is wrong.

See the thread about the woman being arrested for videotaping an officer doing a search. When finished, see this thread.

Don't forget about state law.

True, but generally speaking aren't laws more relaxed the higher up you go?

The State says X, which is usually the minimum. The Township will usually stay with the minimum. The Village will make it a bit more strict by saying it is X + Y and the City will say it is X + Y + Z.

At least that is how I have always seen these types of laws go.

True, but generally speaking aren't laws more relaxed the higher up you go?

The State says X, which is usually the minimum. The Township will usually stay with the minimum. The Village will make it a bit more strict by saying it is X + Y and the City will say it is X + Y + Z.

At least that is how I have always seen these types of laws go.

In some things yes, others no. It really depends on the specific issue at hand.

In some things yes, others no. It really depends on the specific issue at hand.

I agree. I just remember when we were looking at a house in Muskingum county that sat on 48 Acres, there was some weird zoning, and tax shit applied to that plot.

You are mostly correct. Zoning laws can include exemptions of certain laws when land is zoned for certain use such as noise pollution laws and so on on ag and commercial use. Zoning laws are also set at the state, county, township and local level, but of course each is enforced by your most local form of government. In turn, these exemptions outlined by zoning laws are also approved by the same body that approves the local ordinances.

So basically let's say you live in Sunbury. Sunbury has a noise ordinance, but zoning laws will say that if you are zoned for this, this and this, you are exempt, if you are zoned for this this and this, your noise ordinance differs in this fashion.