How to get rid of an asshole of a neighbor in New Albany?

Zeppelin

The fact is, it is criminal to do on public streets, not private property, because the ORC states that it is crimnal to race on public roads. There is NOTHING that says it is illegal to race on private property. You said "(eg. racing). Show me something in the ORC that says racing on private land is illegal? You won't.

Seriously? Do you not understand that racing brings with it other potential charges that are not "street racing". The fact is, you are trying to apply my comment to a specific violation that I am not even talking about.

Look, I get it, you know everything. The problem is, I already checked this with a cop and a defense attorney. You're wrong, suck on that. It must be painful for you, but, you're wrong.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol fail

Are you stupid or just having a tough time reading? They don't own the property. If they set it up properly, that's one thing; if they didn't set it up right, that's another thing. That's what I already said.

Hi, I'm LJ. I think I have a JD or am a police officer. I disregard expert opinions because I can't get my head out of my ass long enough to realize that others know more than me.

Seriously? Do you not understand that racing brings with it other potential charges that are not "street racing". The fact is, you are trying to apply my comment to a specific violation that I am not even talking about.

Look, I get it, you know everything. The problem is, I already checked this with a cop and a defense attorney. You're wrong, suck on that. It must be painful for you, but, you're wrong.

LOL. So why don't you elaborate on these things?

Are you stupid or just having a tough time reading? They don't own the property. If they set it up properly, that's one thing; if they didn't set it up right, that's another thing. That's what I already said.
Hey, landlord, can we run the trucks around? Ok cool thanks

Hi, I'm LJ. I think I have a JD or am a police officer. I disregard expert opinions because I can't get my head out of my ass long enough to realize that others know more than me.

Once again, I LOL at you. Look in the fucking mirror.

Ahhhhhh. That is the key here. They are doing it without owning the property. I forgot these douche hats were renting the property.

We would have to assume then, they don't have expressed written consent from the landlord. I am curious, how this area is zoned, and how large of a plot of land this is....to be racing trucks around a yard, it would have to be at least 2 acres or more.

Ahhhhhh. That is the key here. They are doing it without owning the property. I forgot these douche hats were renting the property.

We would have to assume then, they don't have expressed written consent from the landlord. I am curious, how this area is zoned, and how large of a plot of land this is....to be racing trucks around a yard, it would have to be at least 2 acres or more.

5 acres. Franklin County it has to be 5 acres to be zoned rural.

LOL. So why don't you elaborate on these things?

Hey, landlord, can we run the trucks around? Ok cool thanks

Once again, I LOL at you. Look in the fucking mirror.

I already elaborated on a specific example. You, as usual, can't see how that works.

Great, hopefully they only do competitive racing. It would suck if they decided to just do donuts and things like that.

Look in the mirror? I get actual facts for arguments like this. That would be why I consulted experts. I know you think that you only need to consult yourself, but you're wrong.

5 acres. Franklin County it has to be 5 acres to be zoned rural.

seems there is more to it then that:

SECTION 2.10 - RURAL DISTRICT (Section 302)

The Rural District is intended for agricultural and residential development in the County where the

conservation of resources is important or where appropriate urban use of the land cannot be achieved

because of the lack of urban services, most importantly centralized water and sanitary sewer. The principal

permitted uses are agriculture, residential subdivisions and farm dwellings.

The intent of these Rural District Regulations is to protect farmland, lands in current agricultural use

valuation, prime agricultural soils, open land and residential land from the intrusion and premature

development of urban uses not performing a function necessary to the agricultural and residential use of the

land or meeting the social, cultural or economic growth needs of the County. Because land in the Rural

District is the most subject to being placed in another Zoning District as growth of the County occurs, such

changes should be made with due concern to the protection of established uses.

302.021 - Dwelling Structures - One-family dwelling structures.

a.) Land subdivision for one-family dwellings as follows:

1.) A lot of record on the date of adoption of this Zoning Resolution (1966) may be

subdivided in accordance with the Franklin County Subdivision Regulations to

provide up to four (4) residential lots, of less than five acres each providing the

remaining portion of the lot is five (5) acres or more, and provided the following

criteria are met:

aa.) The division of land shall be along an existing public street;

bb.) It shall not involve the opening, widening or extension of any street or

road, and involve no more than five lots after the original tract has been

completely subdivided;

cc.) It must be approved by the Franklin County Planning Commission.

2.) Further subdivision of lots smaller than five acres shall only be permitted in the

Rural Zone within approved Oscar Lots or in Farm Villages, as provided in sections

415 and 416 respectively. Such lots require a zoning district overlay and must

conform to the Franklin County Subdivision Regulations.

3.). The creation of tracts of more than five acres in size along existing roads, not

involving any new streets or easements and each lot having the requisite frontage

for its permitted or conditional use is not a formal subdivision. Note: These lots

may not meet building department criteria for a building permit, since no

subdivision review occurs by state exemption ORC 711.001 (B),(1), so their

division does not guarantee they are buildable lots.

SECTION 2.11 - (LDR) LOW DENSITY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT (Section 304)

The Low Density Residential Zoning District is intended for areas of the county without public water or

sanitary sewer service where land is to be subdivided into large residential lots with on lot well and

wastewater disposal systems. Maximum density is one single family dwelling unit per 2 acres.

Seems the logical answer would be LDR, since Rural is VERY hard to meet in Franklin County. LDR is hard to meet in Franklin County, as I can't imagine any area in Franklin County without access to public water AND sewer.

Wrong. A criminal offense is a criminal offense (e.g., racing). There just needs to be proof or the police need to see it.

That is the same reason you can get a ticket for doing a burnout in your driveway.

not correct

I already elaborated on a specific example. You, as usual, can't see how that works.

Great, hopefully they only do competitive racing. It would suck if they decided to just do donuts and things like that.

Look in the mirror? I get actual facts for arguments like this. That would be why I consulted experts. I know you think that you only need to consult yourself, but you're wrong.

Actually I have talked to county prosecutors about things like this and zoning officials because we wanted to have a demo derby a few years ago. There was nothing illegal, but the liability was insane.,

not correct

Did you seriously just miss where I verified my comments with a police officer and an attorney? Are you an LJ conspiring to say dumb things together?

Actually I have talked to county prosecutors about things like this and zoning officials because we wanted to have a demo derby a few years ago. There was nothing illegal, but the liability was insane.,

Because you were setting up a competitive event. You do realize that is the difference, correct? There's a huge difference between what you were trying to do and just going out back and fucking around in your trucks.

Hey, let's add another element to this. What if they were drinking? They can get popped for DWI while on their property.

seems there is more to it then that:

Seems the logical answer would be LDR, since Rural is VERY hard to meet in Franklin County. LDR is hard to meet in Franklin County, as I can't imagine any area in Franklin County without access to public water AND sewer.

Your Rural is where you can get away with just about anything, such as noise and animals. Your LDR is still going to have some restrictions. My parents are Agricultural in Delaware County (the equiv) and there are no noise or animal restrictions whatsoever. Now the neighbors, they are on 3 acres, so they are a step down. They have noise restrictions and livestock restrictions, but can have as much shit on their lawn (and etc) as they want. I think that is the difference that could get these guys in trouble.

Because you were setting up a competitive event. You do realize that is the difference, correct? There's a huge difference between what you were trying to do and just going out back and fucking around in your trucks.
We were going to go out and fuck around in trucks. No difference. That is why the liability was huge.

We were going to go out and fuck around in trucks. No difference. That is why the liability was huge.

Yes, there is a difference. A derby would be considered at least semi-competitive. If you just go out back and start doing donuts and driving recklessly without any semblance of competition (aside from "hey I can do a better burnout than you"), you could be fucked.

Could you get off the charges with a good attorney? Probably so. Could you get a nice cop who just told you to stop? Probably. Does that mean that you wouldn't be doing something illegal? No.

Yes, there is a difference. A derby would be considered at least semi-competitive. If you just go out back and start doing donuts and driving recklessly without any semblance of competition (aside from "hey I can do a better burnout than you"), you could be fucked.

Could you get off the charges with a good attorney? Probably so. Could you get a nice cop who just told you to stop? Probably. Does that mean that you wouldn't be doing something illegal? No.

Dave Yost said it is not illegal. Suck on that.

you can do a burnout on private property, it is up to the owner to press charges.

Not necessarily. Criminal charges can be pressed regardless of the owner's consent, it's just usually pointless.

Dave Yost said it is not illegal. Suck on that.

Good for him. I'm going to take my two personal sources and two secondary sources (a prosecutor and another Ohio cop) and trust them over you.

True which is why most of the time you will receive a warning.

Yeah, but it's good to point out that neither the public nor the police are the ones who ultimately decide to press charges, although their opinion is taken into account.

Not necessarily. Criminal charges can be pressed regardless of the owner's consent, it's just usually pointless.

Good for him. I'm going to take my two personal sources and two secondary sources (a prosecutor and another Ohio cop) and trust them over you.

Lol u dont even realize who that is. Btw, I thought it was a defense attorney?