School me on Android Tablets

KillJoy

Guest Spam

The best one right now is the samsung galaxy tab. In two weeks itll be the toshiba. Either two will be good.

Most kids like to use the ipads because of the better market for games and apps.

The galaxy tabs have good hardware but samsung is terrible at updating the OS. If you want data to go along with it, go with that or an HTC Flyer (View 4G). The nice thing about the Flyer is there is a stylus you can get that lets you write like a notepad for taking notes in class or what have you. If you want best bang for buck, go with Asus Transformer, its a bit cheaper but still very good, and it has the option of a dock that turns it into a laptop.

Steer clear of the sub-$400 tablets. They tend to have terrible screens, some don't include Google Apps such as the market, poor support, etc. Best to go with the big name brands like HTC or Samsung or Asus. I don't know anything about the Toshiba. The Motorola Xoom is pretty popular but has issues, and is the most expensive.

If I were to ever bother selling my Ipad I would replace it with an Asus Transformer, but that's just me.

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/tablets/asus/

Other things to consider - tablets are generally either 7" or ~10". Some come as wireless only, some can have data plans with your cell phone provider. These two preferences make a big difference in what you will get, so figuring that out will help us recommend something.

Galaxy tab and S aren't that great for their cost... right now, best bang for the buck in all honesty is the G-Tab... it's hardware is comperable to the Motorola Xoom and is the best one as far as rooting.... and has the most aftermarket support.

With that being said, I have one for sale :D

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93463

Nook Color is a pretty good one too... has rooting options to get rid of the crappy OS that Barnes and Noble put on it and the screen is supposed to be pretty kick ass... only a 7 inch screen though.

Guest Spam
That g tab is garbage. Stop pushing your junk shit. The galaxy s tab is the BEST to date. As far as specs go, screen res, thinness, more lightweight that the ipad 2, and metal frame. The toshibby is suppose to be the best now since it has usb and full hdmi. Id rather still have the thinner lighter galaxy s.

Not promoting it, but I have the Nook w/CM7 nightly, overclocked w/Dalingrin's OC kernel @ 1300Mhz on internal memory and love every bit of it. Great tablet if you like to tinker.

That g tab is garbage. Stop pushing your junk shit. The galaxy s tab is the BEST to date. As far as specs go, screen res, thinness, more lightweight that the ipad 2, and metal frame. The toshibby is suppose to be the best now since it has usb and full hdmi. Id rather still have the thinner lighter galaxy s.

nice try... I have to work on these for a living... the galaxy S is SHIT from the factory... stop trying to make him think the Galaxy is more than it is... bang for the buck if he knows how to root and is looking for a 7 inch screen the Nook is the best bet... the G-tab isn't much more and has considerably better specs (including a 10.1 in screen). stop being a richard noggin when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Guest Spam

I only work with them everyday and have used EVERY tablet ever sold to the US market. Eat a honeycomb dick.

The asus transformer is another good one as well. All very very similar. I like the solidness and overall design of the samsung.

I have a Archos 101 and its a awesome 10inch running froyo. It would be nice to run a 3.0 tablet but for the moeny the archos is one helluva tablet

I've been considering this one for a while.

I only work with them everyday and have used EVERY tablet ever sold to the US market. Eat a honeycomb dick.

The asus transformer is another good one as well. All very very similar. I like the solidness and overall design of the samsung.

so do I.... I have to deal with every tablet on the market from all different carriers. There is alot of better tablets than mine, but I will say the Galaxy S is not one of them.

samsung is terrible at updating the OS

This is true, but if you get a honeycomb tablet, which hasn't been gayed up with touchwiz/sense/blur, then you get updates faster.

Nook color should not be overlooked, for the price it's great.

If you want a super experience, go Apple.

As much as I try not to be an Apple fag, I have to agree with this. :fa:

I have a rooted Nook Color and for the price it's hard (impossible?) to beat, but the iPad has a much simpler interface with more support. It's probably a better choice for a kid unless it's not in the budget, though I realize the thread title specifically mentions Android. I like the Android platform but it's just not yet as polished as the iOS in my opinion.