Doing some research .40 or .45?

AC66Bronco

Also a fan of .45, although I have very little experience with .40. I've shot plenty of 9mm out of a Beretta M9 and just as much .45 through my xD45. I find the xD to be much more comfortable, and the recoil satisifying. It isn't any more overwhelming than the M9. As for concealed carry, I've actually been looking at an xD40 or a 4 inch 1911. Like yourself, I'll have to shoot the .40 a little bit to see how I like it.

I never really understood the argument of mag capacity. For defense you shouldnt need more than a few. Of course just because it has a capacity doesn't mean you have to fulfill it.

Now when i go to the range i practice with a full mag, and thats how i keep my home defense mag. i know how much my glock is going to weigh when i pick it up and i know how its going to react when i full the trigger. Im also not carrying it around on my hip.

I never really understood the argument of mag capacity. For defense you shouldnt need more than a few.

Because statistically only 1 in 8 of your shots (my stats might be outdated) are going to hit their target. And hits doesn't necessarily mean brain-stem, drop-dead hit.

Statistically you're more likely to need multiple hits to stop someone.

want something powerful but also concealable obviously most .45 chambered guns are hard to cc.

.45's are not hard to conceal at all. In fact, a lot of times my Kimber Custom II was easier to conceal than my glock 23. Also, my buddy carries a glocks 36 .45 and that thing is small and he conceals it with no issues whatsoever.

To the OP, my recommendation is to shoot both and see what you like. If you want to have responsible fun, then I would recommend the .40 purely for the cheaper ammo. However, the .45 does have more stopping power for protection situations. When I bought my XDm, I was torn between the 9mm, .40, and .45. I ended up with the .40 as a compromise between the two ends of the spectrum. Once I shot the .40, I knew it was enough for what I was looking for.