I'm about to give up on it, it's a pain in the dick. Here is what I just did:

1) Backup SD card contents and phone

2) wipe everything

3) partition sd card

4) convert ext3 to ext4 and align

5) flash rom

6) doesn't boot

7) starting over at step 3

That just proves what a fucking memory hog sense is.

a vanilla rom is far quicker than sense rom in my experience. I am running Liquid Thunderbread 2.3 with their recommended radio, and it is quicker than any sense rom, even with the sense roms being overclocked. Hell with this radio on my thunderbolt, I have had it off the charger with 4G on since 2:30 today, and 6 hours later I am at 76% battery life. Normally with 4G I would be at 50 or less with the amount of background apps I run.

I was looking at Liquid Thunderbread. Apparently there's a new update coming out for it very very soon. I'll probably wait for that and give it a shot. I'm not really liking BAMF Stripped, it feels like a normal Thunderbolt Sense ROM with a vanilla-ish theme. Still a lot of Sense left over in it. Which, while I like Sense, I feel like it defeats the purpose of a Vanilla ROM.

I'm about to give up on it, it's a pain in the dick. Here is what I just did:

1) Backup SD card contents and phone

2) wipe everything

3) partition sd card

4) convert ext3 to ext4 and align

5) flash rom

6) doesn't boot

7) starting over at step 3

That just proves what a fucking memory hog sense is.

I didn't have this issue. Something is wrong :dumb:

I was looking at Liquid Thunderbread. Apparently there's a new update coming out for it very very soon. I'll probably wait for that and give it a shot. I'm not really liking BAMF Stripped, it feels like a normal Thunderbolt Sense ROM with a vanilla-ish theme. Still a lot of Sense left over in it. Which, while I like Sense, I feel like it defeats the purpose of a Vanilla ROM.

BAMF stripped just removed verizon bloatware and some other tweaks. It still has sense.

a vanilla rom is far quicker than sense rom in my experience. I am running Liquid Thunderbread 2.3 with their recommended radio, and it is quicker than any sense rom, even with the sense roms being overclocked. Hell with this radio on my thunderbolt, I have had it off the charger with 4G on since 2:30 today, and 6 hours later I am at 76% battery life. Normally with 4G I would be at 50 or less with the amount of background apps I run.

Just an update on this rom, am now at 13 hours, 20 minutes off charger. Battery is at 68%. Epic.

Thats while I'm at work, so I'm playing with it on lunch, texting some, and checking the time every 10 minutes. No heavy use, but GoChat is on in the background.

Stock battery or extended? Also how is the cell phone coverage in the building? 5 bars all day or shitty reception?