Build Vs. Buy

Jizzle Juice

The age old debate! Rekindled.

Well as some of you know I no longer have the batmobile :( I am now in the mood to have something for next year seeing as coming out and living with Dover and his damn evo gave me the itch! Talked to shanton and a couple other people about building something that i think is unique and would make decent power. Now thinking about doing that I could be somewhere in the 10k range, with fab work and other things necessary to building a "fast" car. Then i could always buy something, but that means a car payment PLUS go fast money. If i would to buy something it would prob be 10x cleaner than anything i build. So basically what are your own personal opinions??

And can we please keep this on topic as I just want opinions on this topic and nothing else.

If the price is right and the parts are quality and you talk to the previous owner and know how he takes care of his cars then theres nothing wrong in buying a car already done up. Look at me. For the same price of a stock GTO, I got one that has been pampered and also has almost everything done to it that I would've done to a stock one. You just have to look everywhere to find those kind of deals and not get a ragged out one, ie: Phils 06 gto lulz. but srs though. scoure the internets and you will find a babied modified car for a good deal somewhere

or

Buy 5k roller and insert drivetrain of your choice

I say build. I'm finally starting to really enjoy my mustang as it's finally making progress and it feels good to watch it start to come together, definitely a good feeling in that.

If you found 2 exact priced cars:

Buying one that has been pampered and already has desired parts on it>Buying stock and buying all those parts.

All depends on the person who put said parts on previously.

Honestly either works, with the current economy there are plenty of well built cars going for cheap out there.

x2........and a lot of people that are starting to hurt for money. Buy one done or that is close to done

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392901

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392821

I got a mustang with your name all over it, 7k, only needs trans and driveshaft lol, honestly if you go foxbody you can find a roller for 3500 to 4000 in good condition with good suspension put another 3 or 4 in trans and motor and have a fun ass street car, remember my old green notch I bought that for 2500 running with a bunch of shit done to it.

I have built a few cars from the ground up. I have found for the most part that it is far cheaper to buy a car already done or close to it than to build one.

With that said .I prefer to build a car myself , I enjoy the build .

Yeah jeff that green one was a fucking STEAL! And i think i'll pass on yours, as sexy and nasty as it is it'll always be "Jeff's" car never mine.

Saying that, thats my only problem with buying. It wouldnt be my car and i'd prob always hear the whole "you bought that car fast not built it" thing, ya know?

Yeah jeff that green one was a fucking STEAL! And i think i'll pass on yours, as sexy and nasty as it is it'll always be "Jeff's" car never mine.

Saying that, thats my only problem with buying. It wouldnt be my car and i'd prob always hear the whole "you bought that car fast not built it" thing, ya know?

LOL let everybody say that about mine. Not a care in the world. You shouldn't care either what people would say.

LOL let everybody say that about mine. Not a care in the world. You shouldn't care either what people would say.

I honestly don't care alot but i am a guy and i know for a fact you care a smidge as i do, if not your testosterone level is a lil low lol.

How much car and how fast do you want to go? If you are looking to stay on budget buy something and finish it off. Buy a roller that has the chassis and suspension work done, then you can put in your drivetrain of choice and make small changes so it is your car.

Fuck everybody else, they won't have shit to say to your tail lights.

If you are looking for an f-body to build I might know of one that can be had for cheap, is running right now, and has some work already done to it.

I honestly don't care alot but i am a guy and i know for a fact you care a smidge as i do, if not your testosterone level is a lil low lol.

Oh I hear ya on that I'm just to the point where i dont want to drop tons of money on a stock car again and just wanted to buy one that had what I wanted done to it in the first place. If you are worried about buying a car that will be recognized locally then buy out of town.

Im looking for a street/strip car. Could be driven on weekends and nice days without it being a bitch to drive or breakdown every 3 miles. Prefer manual as well since im not gonna live and die at the track.

Yeah your right fuck em all honestly. And whats going on with this F-body you speak of, i did kind of want another but dont wanna pay at the ass for one ya know.

How much car and how fast do you want to go? If you are looking to stay on budget buy something and finish it off. Buy a roller that has the chassis and suspension work done, then you can put in your drivetrain of choice and make small changes so it is your car.

Fuck everybody else, they won't have shit to say to your tail lights.

If you are looking for an f-body to build I might know of one that can be had for cheap, is running right now, and has some work already done to it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Honestly Jizzle if you buy something already running you will want to make changes and it will slowly become what you want.

Honestly Jizzle if you buy something already running you will want to make changes and it will slowly become what you want.

Well for my car at least no ones seen it except for pics on facebook. but just buy out of state and no one would know, fuck it if your fast your fast thats all that matters

Whatever you decide, do a cash build....

If you are having to finance or put it on a CC, it's NOT worth it IMO.

Yes, that's the plan. This is why ive been leading towards doing a build.

I love seeing all these fast ass stangs. But what level of fast becomes too much for the street? In your guys' opinion.

Yes, that's the plan. This is why ive been leading towards doing a build.

I love seeing all these fast ass stangs. But what level of fast becomes too much for the street? In your guys' opinion.

honestly the way technology is these days a 9 second daily driver isnt unheard of.

yes the technology is there too make fast cars, but it still takes alot of time and effort to get those times. An example would be all of Underground Racing cars that were on Fast Times on Speed Channel. It was your typical rich guy who spent 50-100k on top of their car purchase price to run 10-12's.

I would buy a roller with the suspension work already done and put in your own drivetrain. Of coarse all with cash since it's just for giggles.

Your level of fast depends on how easily you want to wrap your car around a tree(which I hope never happens). Some people want a car that will launch and not have to worry too much about it losing it. Others build some over the top shit and accept the fact that outside of a perfectly prepped track they will have to peddle it the whole way half the time or more.