Milksnake and Red Rat snake

blue98ls1

Rehoming a couple of our snakes. Trying to downsize our reptiles collection.

First we have a Milksnake. We bought him last Sept. He is aprx 2' - 2 1/2' in size. Always been pretty friendly, but he doesn't get as much attention as he used to so he gets moody once in a while. He has never bit anyone during the time we have had him. He will come with a 10gal aquarium and any supplies we have for him. The aquarium has an under tank heater on one side. - $50

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/rex008.jpg

Next is a 6 1/2' red rat snake. He is an extremely well tempered snake. He has been handled a lot. Very friendly. He will come with his aquarium and any supplies we have. The aquarium I believe is a 55gal tall, It sits on a metal stand and has an under the tank heater. - $75

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/pets028.jpg

Edited by wannaraceLS1

• 2 weeks later...
what sort of health/care concerns should be noted for someone who is considering a snake but has never owned one before?

Honestly, they are incredibly easy to care for. They have a warm side and a cold side (both aquariums above have under tank heaters on one side). They need a place to hide. And they need water. These guys get fed every 2 weeks, live food. You need to use Germ-X before/after handling so as not to give the snake any illness or get one yourself from the snake.

If you have never owned a snake before and are interested in one of the ones we have forsale, I would recommend the rat snake. He is very mellow and would be good for a beginner. He has been around kids, and doesn't mind being handled a lot.

The other one is fast and will try to get away from you at first. He is also moody and not quite as easy to take care of.

If you want to come over and see the snake and learn more about them, send me a PM and we can set up a time for you to come visit them.

Thanks for the tips! Gotta talk it over with the roommate, and figure out if a cat would be a co-habitant in my room. I'll get back to you if the pieces fall into place. Either way I probably won't do anything before I get back from a Labor Day vacation, but I'm interested.

Cat should be fine, just make sure the enclosure for the snake has some quality clamps to keep the lid down. And or put something rather heavy on the top of the cage like a weight or something that the cat could not move and it will be fine. My cats enjoy watching my snake and gecko's, good entertainment.

We already have clamps on the lid of the aquarium. We have a cat and she will look at them once in a while but doesn't bother any of the reptiles.

We use the clamps on all of our aquariums to make sure the snakes stay in their aquariums. We have a ball python that is quite the escape artist. And finding him is a bitch. :fuuuu:

I'm not worried about my cat doing the bothering...he's quite stupid. Almost daily he falls off something high up because he got too ambitious about jumping on it. I'm worried that he'll somehow break the enclosure by tipping something into/onto it and releasing the snake.

I'm not worried about my cat doing the bothering...he's quite stupid. Almost daily he falls off something high up because he got too ambitious about jumping on it. I'm worried that he'll somehow break the enclosure by tipping something into/onto it and releasing the snake.

I know they make things that sound like foil to keep a cat from jumping up on stuff. Maybe lining the outside edge of the aquarium with that would help keep him off of it.

Pretty interested in the rat snake if you still have it. My girlfriend's aunt was supposed to give us her snake, but if she already got rid of it, I may pick yours up!

We do still have him. Let me know. :)

• 2 weeks later...