The reds

Sturg1647545502

I mean we started off strong and really hung in there in an average league for the first 1/3 of the season. But our starting pitching has been consistently bad for the last 2 or 3 months; most of them are throwing 80-90 pitches before the 5th inning. The on base % is high, but always leave men stranded at the end of the inning and we have had a problem hitting in the clutch all season(hence leaving men stranded). We had a fair amount of injuries and sub par performance that made us send a lot of our guys to the minors for a gut check early in the season. While most of them made it back to the big leagues, it hasn't resulted in a drastically better performance. Losing to teams at the bottom of the barrel and sub 500 clubs is getting real old.

LeCure, our bull pen and B.Phillips(offensively and defensively) have been our only saving grace. Votto and Bruce have had their streaks(bruce especially) but they cant cary the team and are not as hot as they where last year.

The funny thing is we had these problems last year, but we won. We were the come back kids of the 8th and 9th innings and we beat the teams we were suppose to beat and even some we weren't. The games were so dynamic and entertaining to watch. Not this year.

/end rant....for now

Edited by Sturg

Its ohio spots, get used to being broken hearted by seasons end lol. Could be worse you could be a Cubs fan like me, we live for next year every year. Atleast the Indians are doing good which brings me some joy, lets just see if they can make the playoffs. If not its football season where I again will be left broken hearted as a Browns fan lol

Who's this "we". I don't see you playing on the team..

People who attempt to make this argument have down syndrome so bad they have up left and right syndrome too. I buy reds and MLB licensed hats and shirts, pay for tickets, watch the commericals and spend countless hours listening or watching their game. I, along with every fan, have a steak in that team. Same with osu regardless if I youre a current student, alum or are a fan.