Monster Tajima's Pikes Peak record run - final edit

Das Borgen

Haha, in some of the shots of his face you can see his eyes look over to the edge of the mountain he's climbing and see the "oh shit" in his face.

And did Go Pro even put a camera on the tugging champaign bottle?

Tajima was later quoted as saying: " I could have broke 9:50:000 if not for all those fucking cameras all over the car". :doh: (just kidding)

Cool video - interesting how the altitude change affects everything - the car sounds more labored and you can see his chest really heaving as he gets near the summit (not that 8+ minutes of driving that hard won't have you breathing hard anyway).

Tajima was later quoted as saying: " I could have broke 9:50:000 if not for all those fucking cameras all over the car". :doh: (just kidding)

Cool video - interesting how the altitude change affects everything - the car sounds more labored and you can see his chest really heaving as he gets near the summit (not that 8+ minutes of driving that hard won't have you breathing hard anyway).

The car sounded more labored because the motor and turbos were done after that run. I forget what the time was but he saw that his coolant temp was dangerously high a few miles into the run. But at that point you can't stop :fuckyeah:

The car sounded more labored because the motor and turbos were done after that run. I forget what the time was but he saw that his coolant temp was dangerously high a few miles into the run. But at that point you can't stop :fuckyeah:

exact

a spectator had this account

The most amazing thing about this run? Tajima DESTROYED the car!

Seriously; when it got to the top of the hill fluid was gushing from the radiators. The motor and turbos where cooked, ruined. Tajima said that the car started overheating two miles into the 12 mile run. 9:51 is pretty much the fastest time that car could possibly have gone. It was physically incapable of giving up any additional performance. The Monster was totally in the zone, driving 11/10s the whole way up. He was so far beyond the limit it was just mesmerizing to witness first-hand. He went around the three corners that make up The Sump (where this pic was taken) as if it was one continuous bend. From start to finish he was on it the whole time. I heard from people at the starting point that it was the hardest launch any of them had ever witnessed; he exploded off the line and did not slow up for a nanosecond. By the time he was a couple hundred yards into the race he was already four seconds ahead of Rhys Millen.

Fucking unbelievable. I felt so privileged to see it; and on my very first experience as an in-the-flesh PPIHC spectator to boot. Just too cool!