50th Anniversary ideas

Buck531

My parents will be married for 50 years on the 26th. I'm trying to come up with a few good ideas that will catch them "off guard".

I thought about talking to their neighbors that they've had for the past 30 years in the hood and just getting them all to come down to the house on the 26th and surprise them all at once. I was thinking about dropping a large cake off at the neighbors so they won't be suspicious and then bringing it to them around 7 pm or so.

I really don't want them to know anything. My fear is my mom said they might go out of town that weekend or maybe even go out to dinner that night.

I also thought about buying some high end steaks and just having my family invade their house and have a cookout and at a certain time have the neighbors all come later on that night.

Any other ideas?

Edit - oh. I know there are a few people (or at least one) that makes cakes for a living or on the side. Whoever that is.. let me know their name and/or shoot me a PM to see what we can do.

i guess i would find out what they plan on doing. Remember this is their day, so find out what they are doing and plan around that. I think a surprise with close family and friends would be a cool idea.

50 years is awesome, may they enjoy another.