tranny prob 350 turbo

gt-titan

we have a 88 s10 with a 350 swap 350 trubo tranny with a b&m floor shifter.hers where im at... when driving and you pull the shifter down to 1st gear it will not down shift to 1st but it will down shift to 2nd and when you pull it down to 1st to down shift and stop the truck.then take off with it still in 1st gear it is in first gear and it will up shift to 2nd without shifting to 2nd and it stays in 2nd until you shift it up to 3rd.and if you just start off in 3rd like normal driving it will up shift through all gears....i have never seen this before but im sure someone has...thanks guys....

If its a fully automatic transmission (no manual VB), then that is normal behavior for it.

yeah its stock no man valve body.....i have never seen a tranny down shift to 1st gear and not be able to feel it go into 1st and stop the car and then it be in 1st.

or you don't have your shift cable adjusted right.

thats what i think but i want to make sure thats where i should start.we will be able to get it up on a rack monday and i need to know where im at before i start turning on stuff..

its not downshifting to first its internal valve body down shifts 2 second till u come slow enuf that it will kick its self into 1st same reson it probly shifts out of low arround 25 or 35 evan though the shifter is in low. you have to get a valve body kit that allows manual operation or get a manual valve body.

its not downshifting to first its internal valve body down shifts 2 second till u come slow enuf that it will kick its self into 1st same reson it probly shifts out of low arround 25 or 35 evan though the shifter is in low. you have to get a valve body kit that allows manual operation or get a manual valve body.

ok cool i just want to make sure theres no prob with it and ill still check the linkage. its just weird to me i remember in my 72 olds it didnt shift up when it was in 1st it had to be shifted and it was stock....but thanks everyone..

ok guys thanks for all the info.the truck looks good on the bottom side everything is in good shape and the shifter linkage is all good so we are going to just put in a shift kit with a reverse valve body..so thanks again guys....