Best modular build shop and piston.

nuttinfas

I don't think he rebuilds motors. I could be wrong though.

How ever it is an A+ shop. I have done business with them and will continue to.

We do everything but the actual build. I use Michael at L&M Engines for all of our motors that we do. The machine shop is in house at L&M and the attention to detail during the building/assembly process is top notch. L&M also does motors for Evolution Performance, Revan Racing, as well as other shops. We try to prevent subbing work out but Michael has always done a fantastic job for us and with everything being in house at his place there is no finger pointing anywhere if there ever were an issue and my confidence level in a motor from there is really high.

A while back we had a customer bring in a turbo 3v that the motor had let loose in. We were requested to keep everything on a budget and reuse whatever was reusable, so we did. I disassembled everything in the shop and inspected every single part before the motor went out. The only parts we reused were the block, the heads, the cams, and the cam phasers all of which I okayed to be reused. About 15 minutes into tuning the car it was apparent there was a problem. Once the valve cover was pulled, you could see the phaser had sheared off the end of the cam ruining the phaser as well as the camshaft on that bank. I immediately called L&M and let them know what was going on. What had happened was there was a stress fracture in the alignment dowel that neither Michael or I saw during tear down or assembly. Upon initial fire up the dowel pin gave way. I told L&M not to worry about it, that we would take care of it since I approved the parts to be reused. I was told nonsense and the next morning I had all new parts sitting in the shop to fix the problem courtesy of L&M.

Recently L&M has finished up a few 3v motors for us including 302 3v stroker for an upcoming build, a supercharged Jaguar XJR motor, a Grand National motor, and he has some custom cams in the works for us on some upcoming projects. I dont always post alot of the stuff that comes out of our shop as I leave that up to the individual customer if we use any of their pics for advertising for our website. Most of the engine stuff we have done has been reworks from somewhere else and most customers just want he car running and dont need internet drama from seeing their build posted up or they just want to keep it quiet. I respect that. In the end, we get more work from referrals from happy customers than anything else. Of course companies like MMR will always be cheaper with this type of stuff but the comparisons are really apples to oranges when you take a more in depth look into what actually goes into the motor. What you learn through the years is that there is a big difference between an assembler and a builder. An assembler is easy to find....